Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Shimano warranty turnaround?
  • jakehinton
    Free Member

Anyone had to deal with a warranty issue with Shimano? Are they normally quite quick to get things sorted? Sent a brake to them via Canyon a couple of weeks back but haven’t heard anything back yet.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Best ask Canyon, it will probably be in Germany, will depend on work load and the amount of stock availble though if pushed canyon should probably send you a replacement and keep the one they get back.

wiggles
    Free Member

Hi distributor takes about a week usually… but I have no idea about canyon

sgn23
    Free Member

Took 2.5 months for Canyon to warranty replace my leaking M785 brake. I bought a replacement in the first week as I knew it wasn’t going to be a quick process. This is the downside you have to be prepared for when dealing with a mail order company rather than your LBS.
    They ended up sending me a single M8000 brake as Madison don’t have stock of the older M785, which was useless as who wants to ride with mismatched front and rear brakes!?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Madison is generally a 3-4 day turn around when I send stuff back from my shop. surely your warranty claim is with canyon and not Shimano.?

Tracey

A week to get a xt front brake back through Evans

jakehinton
    Free Member

Apparently it was sent from Canyon to Shimano at least 5 days ago so is now with Shimano but thats the last I heard. Hopefully it shouldnt take more than a week or two!

jakehinton
    Free Member

After 5 weeks or so waiting, i emailed Canyon who told me Shimano were out of stock on Zee brakes and just to order a new one and they will reimburse me. Nice to have a whole new brake but a bit long to have to wait.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Shimano warranty turnaround?’ is closed to new replies.