Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shimano SLX M666 Brakes – Any issues with Floating Rotors – Which brand??
  • dickie
    Free Member

has anyone had any issue running floating rotors with Shimano SLX M666 disc brakes?
    Thinking either;
    Clarks
    Superstar
    Aztec

Duane…
    Free Member

I’m running the cheaper/heavier Shimano floating rotors with my SLXs, no issues so far.

rocketman
    Free Member

Have got 4 pairs of Superstar floating rotors they work fine with 596s/Juicys/Elixirs. If you’re going to have any problems it will be with the buttons that hold the rotor to the spider they may foul on part of the caliper.

I had a 180 rotor with a button that was very slightly higher than the others (we’re talking sub-credit card thickness here) and it was catching on the lower mount of the caliper. A few scrapes with a flat file – just enough to take the paint off the offending part of the caliper – was all it needed.

Long term they’ve been fine. Smooth, silent, no rattles or corrosion they are at least as good as the RT76s I also have.

dickie
    Free Member

Cheers

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hopes work fine, previous years the caliper mounting points were over build and required filing down. This one appears better with more clearance

Northwind

May I ask why? They add nothing and bring problems. Not even particularily light because of the extra complexity.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My Hope ones have outlasted any others in terms of staying straight. They also look nice. That was my reasons, a nice set of Hope Rotors colour matched to some hope hubs for the extra bling 🙂

dickie
    Free Member

@Northwind – Because I need a set of rotors & considering these.
    Had Hope’s in the past but they were never straight.
    Most likely to go standard but just weighing up others experiences.

Northwind

mikewsmith – Member

They also look nice.

Have to say, the ano is both lovely and indestructible, I had one rub slightly due to a fitting mistake (mine) and it barely took a mark. OTOH, the bobbins all came loose, and they were heavier than the Formula plain steel ones I replaced them with.

(OTO,OH, the Formula ones have a habit of wearing unevenly due to the shonky drilling design 😉 )

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shimano SLX M666 Brakes – Any issues with Floating Rotors – Which brand??’ is closed to new replies.