Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Shimano SLX brake leaking a tiny amount from the banjo bolt
  • prezet
    Free Member

2012 SLX rear brake – where the brake line goes into the metal bit the banjo bolt goes through at the insertion point seems to be a bit wet. I’m guessing this isn’t normal as it’s not happening on the front brake, but can’t seem to find any information about how the line is connected to this metal piece – even in Shimano’s exploded diagram (http://bike.shimano.com/media/techdocs/content/cycle/EV/bikecomponents/BR/EV-BR-M785-F-3161B_v1_m56577569830772089.pdf – the piece between number 7).

Any ideas? Do I need to replace the brake line?

sillyoldman

Yup – warranty obviously covers it though.

Stoner
    Free Member

been a few threads on here about a manufacturing issue (crimping not good enough on banjos), being warrantied.

prezet
    Free Member

Hmm, I ordered them from Rose bikes – will that be a problem?

Stoner
    Free Member
    tetchytim
    Free Member

you cant buy the banjo on its own without buying the complete hose which is why there is no part no for it. which is why there is no relevant info on it
    why not try customer services at madison they might be able to help or contact them through here http://www.shimanoservicecentre.co.uk

legend
    Free Member

I assume you’ve checked that it’s tight?

winrya
    Free Member

Happened on my xt which I purchased from rose bikes. It’s actually easier with rose as you just fill out the form, book your free return and they swap it over with a brand new brake. If you purchased in the uk you send to Maddison for repair which has been taking them up to a month, took about 9 days from sending away to receiving new one back for me.

prezet
    Free Member

@legend – you can’t tighten where the hose goes in, which is where it’s leaking…

prezet
    Free Member

@winrya – I’ve swapped the levers over, did you have to swap them back before sending yours off?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Shimano SLX brake leaking a tiny amount from the banjo bolt’ is closed to new replies.