Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Shimano shoes soles
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

Has anyone else had any issues with Shimano soles?? I bought some Shimano M087s back in March, I’ve only worn these a few times and the sole has split on one side and is starting to split on the other. I am a bit unimpressed with the build quality as my old Diadoras lasted years before I had to skip them. I’ve contacted the shop where I bought it from, so I’ll see what they say.

paddy0091
    Free Member

Shimano shoes appear to be manufactured for about 50pence. Awful crap. I had two pairs that both split and got binned. Good luck

tonyd

Was halfway through typing a glowing report when I realised you’re talking about Shimano and all mine are Specialized. Sorry, no use at all am I?

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’ve had at least 3 pairs and they lasted for years. In fact I’ve got a pair of the red DH / Winter boots sgoing strong any they must be nearly 10 years old!

monkeychild
    Free Member

Guess I must have a Friday set then!!! I bought Shimano as I expected them to be great quality and last.

Northwind

Not had a problem… Just managed to pull the front of the sole off an AM40 but it was ancient and hammered so I can’t criticise, they should have been in the bin 6 months ago.

JoeG
    Free Member

I’m on my 3rd pair of Shimano MTB shoes. They have all lasted well. I have no complaints.

stevenc
    Free Member

I’ve had both sides of this. First pair of Shimanos I ever got are still going strong, 6 years on, while another pair fell to bits in the space of one winter. Mostly use the Shimano for the commute now and have a pair of Specialized for the off road stuff.

d45yth
    Free Member

Shimano shoes used to be excellent and used to fit me well…I don’t know what’s happened in the last few years though? They fall to bits and the sizing has changed! 🙁

julianwilson
    Free Member

Do shimano make their own shoes in their own factory? And if not, would they also change suppliers from time to time as QC/price/availability/capabilities of supliers dictates?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Shimano shoes soles’ is closed to new replies.