Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • shimano saint/zee cranks
  • gonzy
    Free Member

i’m thinking of potentially getting one of the above for my bike.
    but looking online i notice that some of the saint cranks say they fit 83mm bottom brackets whereas other sources say they fit either 68 or 73mm bottom brackets.
    my bike has a 68mm bottom bracket shell so will the saint fit and if so do i need to refit the existing bottom bracket with more spacers to get it properly aligned or will i need a new bottom bracket?
    if i choose to go for the zee cranks instead again will they fit on the existing bottom bracket or will i need to add more spacers or fit a new bottom bracket?

thanks in advance.

EDIT: i seem to say bottom bracket quite a lot in that message… 😯

svalgis
    Free Member

Saint and Zee are available in both 68/73 and 83mm. Just get one that says 68/73 and you’ll be grand. Use 3 BB spacers to fit it (you probably already have three spacers on there). A new BB (with spacers) is generally included with the cranks by the way. HTH.

chakaping
    Free Member

You need to buy one which is for 68/73mm BB spacing.

It should come with a new BB anyway.

gazc
    Free Member

i think m810 are 68/73mm bb and m815 are 83mm bb. similar for zee in that the last digit 0/5 indicates whether 68/73 or 83mm iirc

gonzy
    Free Member

i think m810 are 68/73mm bb and m815 are 83mm bb. similar for zee in that the last digit 0/5 indicates whether 68/73 or 83mm iirc

that makes sense and having checked on CRC’s website it seems to support what you say…but what do you make of this??

MSP

I think the left side are interchangeable for both models.

gardron
    Free Member

It’s m820 for 68/73 and m825 for 83mm on current gen kit

gonzy
    Free Member

I think the left side are interchangeable for both models.

that pair or going pretty cheap on ebay so thats why i was interested. i’ve just looked on the image for the inside of the driveside crank and it says m810 so what you said makes sense.

thanks!!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘shimano saint/zee cranks’ is closed to new replies.