Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Shimano Saint or Hope BB?
  • johnellison
    Free Member

To replace my failing Race Face X-type? For the second time in six months… 👿

soundninjauk

I put a Hope on mine after the Race Face one failed a few years ago. Still runs smooth as anything.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

If you want a saint I’ve got one I bought from crc that I don’t need now. Boxed new £26

Zaskar93
    Free Member

If you can spring for a new Hope it’ll be on for years. I fitted Hope stainless steel BBs to my Heckler and the wife’s Superlight, must be a couple of years ago now, and after extensive use they have been brilliant requiring absolutely no maintenance, but maybe that’s because I bought the bearing replacment tool at the same time and have not needed to use it.

Paceman
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure you have to use an X-Type BB with RaceFace Cranks. Hope and Shimano Saint are a different internal dimension, although you may be able to get an adaptor for a Hope BB to fit your RF Cranks.

Sui
    Free Member

wysiwyg – Member
    If you want a saint I’ve got one I bought from crc that I don’t need now. Boxed new £26

if you had posted that an hour ago i would defo have that, as it is Chain reaction have just got an order for an SLX one 🙁 are you south north or middle anyway?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Middle. I’d post for 26 so not a problem. I always run saint as the threads are longer so less possibility of looseness. But I just treated myself to a CK

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Pace> all the bbs are cross compatible. I run atlas on shimano

Sui
    Free Member

i………cant……… justify…… the spending – missus go loony (she has a way of knowing), i was thinking of a spare, but my SLX one has just lasted the best part of 4 years,,, what do we think campers?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Lol. The pressure!

johnellison
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure you have to use an X-Type BB with RaceFace Cranks

No, they’re all cross-compatible, I’ve checked that. It’s the Truvativ crankset that needs an adaptor to run with Hope.

Paceman
    Free Member

I stand corrected 😳

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Shimano Saint or Hope BB?’ is closed to new replies.