Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Shimano Saint MX80 Flat pedal bearings
  • taffman1980
    Free Member

People, HELP

My bearings in my quite new Shimano saint MX80 pedals have gone. I cant seem to find anywhere the bearing sets to replace the old ones.

Anyone got an links which could help

Thanks

sillyoldman

??The axle/bearing assembly is adjustable:-

“Axle unit
    Adjustment is required if the rotating parts are not functioning properly. Follow the procedure shown below.
    1. Using a 20 mm wrench, loosen the lock bush to pull out the axle unit.
    •• The right pedal has a left-hand thread; the left pedal has a right-hand thread.
    2. Use TL-PD63 or TL-PD33 special tool, or 7 mm or 10 mm open wrench to turn the cone (10 mm) to adjust the rotation.
    3. With the cone locked, tighten the lock nut (7 mm).
    Note:
    •• Cones and lock nuts are right-hand threads on both right and left pedals.
    ••Adjust the cone so as to achieve a smooth rotation without looseness when the axle unit is set into the pedal.
    •• The rotating parts are fastened when the axle unit is set into the pedal. Adjust them slightly loose before setup.
    4. Remove old grease and apply an appropriate amount of new grease to the bottom of the pedal body.
    ••Apply grease to the extent that it does not flow out when the axle is set into the pedal (about 1.5 g).
    5. Tighten the lock bush and insert the axle unit.”

taffman1980
    Free Member

Boom,

So the Pedals are loose bearings?

Thanks

sillyoldman

Yes – cartridge axle assembly – remove the axle and you can adjust the preload and put fresh grease in there.

taffman1980
    Free Member

Legend!!!!

Thanks so much, so helpful

Thanks

sillyoldman

Nae bother!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Shimano Saint MX80 Flat pedal bearings’ is closed to new replies.