• This topic has 22 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Shimano rs685 hydro's
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

So i’m building up my new cyclocross disc frame and decided if i’m going discs i might as well go the whole hog and go full hydraulic. Found some rs685 in stock, add to basket only to be emailed to say no stock until December. 🙁

That’s buggered. Bit late for me as cross season has started.

Does anyone know if i can get these anywhere in europe?

why oh why do retailers allow you to buy items that aren’t in stock!

pixelmix
    Free Member

Bike24.de just got the levers in (according to their site) but not the complete kit with calipers. You could put them together with the caliper yourself, but I’m just going to wait for the complete pre-bled kit (I only need one lever and brake anyway, as I run 1×10, so will keep a TRP at the rear for now).

That’s the first place I’ve seen them in – I’m hitting refresh constantly on various sites as I need a new setup for cross season. I’m going to be running last year’s knackered drivetrain and a goosed BB7 until they come in.

methers27
    Free Member

try the rose bike website

methers27
    Free Member
    trickydisco
    Free Member

2 german sites (rosebikes and bike components) have said october which is better than anywhere in the UK (december)

trickydisco
    Free Member

Bike24.de just got the levers in (according to their site) but not the complete kit with calipers. You could put them together with the caliper yourself

I was wondering this.. if i could use my existing slx mtb calipers or will that not work?

njee20
    Free Member

but I’m just going to wait for the complete pre-bled kit (I only need one lever and brake anyway, as I run 1×10, so will keep a TRP at the rear for now)

Aren’t they only available as a whole hog two STIs, two brakes etc? That’s how Madison are advertising them.

geordiepaul
    Free Member

I’ve been waiting for these too.
    CRC currently say 27/10 though that’s moved back 3 times already. Wiggle says December.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Aren’t they only available as a whole hog two STIs, two brakes etc? That’s how Madison are advertising them.

Madison are offering left and right levers and callipers separately, but not as individual left or right complete bled kits.

njee20
    Free Member

Aah, very good.

Jamie
    Free Member

CRC currently say 27/10 though that’s moved back 3 times already. Wiggle says December.

I asked CRC if I could preorder while they had the 10% off code running on Shimano.

They said no, the buggers. 🙁

pryally
    Free Member

can you run these 1×10? I thought they are 11 speed?

trickydisco
    Free Member

they are 11 speed but presumably you could set the limit screw on the mech for 10 speed?

pixelmix
    Free Member

can you run these 1×10? I thought they are 11 speed?

Should have been clear – yes, they are 11. I currently run 1×10.

[Tangent]I’ll be continuing to run 1×10 by removing a spacer from the 11 speed cassette since my freehub isn’t compatible[/tangent]

pixelmix
    Free Member

Bike24.de also now have the full kit of levers and callipers in stock.

Think I’ll wait for somewhere that is doing separate left and right levers though. I don’t NEED a new brake at both ends and don’t need a shifter on the left hand side. That will give me a chance to let you all test them first too. 😉

geordiepaul
    Free Member

Mine arrived today from Bike24.
    Now to work out how to bleed em 😕

trickydisco
    Free Member

Damn and damn!.. mine also from bike24.. got my mechanic to fit them yesterday and he emailed me a pic

😥

said he’d not come across a cracked piston before.

dobo
    Free Member

just checked out the prices, screw this think i might go flat bar on the cx

Also i cant tell but maye thats just a dodgy mould and not cracked?

Jamie
    Free Member

Damn and damn!.. mine also from bike24.. got my mechanic to fit them yesterday and he emailed me a pic

This is why I decided to hold off ordering from Bike24 the other day, and will just wait till CRC get them in stock in December. Easier to send back to UK than Germany.

Plus I got miffed with Mastercard’s non-sterling charges 😡

just checked out the prices, screw this think i might go flat bar on the cx

Bike24 = £350 for Ultegra level levers and calipers. That’s only about tenner more than Shimano 105 5800 levers, and a set of TRP HY/RD.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have them. 785 calipers with Icetechs, and 685 levers.

Lever hood is a slightly odd shape, and is taking a fair bit of getting used to, as well as sorting out the angle for them. However, braking is a joy, especially when it’s just about scrubbing off a little bit of speed. Really predictable braking. Basically, they feel like Shimano XTs. Which is a good thing.

Am pleased.

geordiepaul
    Free Member

Yep I’m loving mine.
    hoods really suit my hands, nice and chunky.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I have a set of Ultegra STI levers mated to TRP HY/RD callipers on my new Equilibrium Disc. They do the job but they are quite chunky. They will be replaced with 685s as soon as I an get my grubby little mitts on a pair.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just as a heads up, these are now in stock at Merlin (£389), and CRC (£350).

I assume it’s only these 2 who have them in stock, as they got them through *cough* different channels to all the other retailers relying on Madison. As Wiggle/Evans etc are still saying end of Jan.

Personally, I Just pre-ordered from Evans, as they price-matched CRC, and I had some gift vouchers going spare. Also, 3.5% TCB.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Shimano rs685 hydro's’ is closed to new replies.