• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by m360.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Shimano Octalink Crank and BB parts/tools
  • m360
    Free Member

Hi all,

My BB is pretty worn (loose, clicking, rumbling) and so I’m looking to change it. Before I click buy, could someone confirm or recommend the correct BB and tools for changing this? I can get good discounts on Shimano (and Park Tools, although they are still expensive!), so prefer to stick with them please.

Photos of my Bottom Bracket and Crank pics

I think it’s an Octalink set-up, so would this tool do for removing the cranks?

Crank removal tool

Also, the BB needs a removal tool. Am I right in thinking it is this one:

BB Removal tool

Finally, just to be sure, my frame measures 68mm across the BB, so would this one be the correct BB, or is there a better Shimano one available (I get a good discount on Shimano parts)

BB 68mm

Oddly there seem to be no videos of my particular crank set-up on the web 😕

midlifecrashes

You seem to have the right tools, but I’d hold off from ordering the BB until you know the spindle/axle length. You can measure it when you get the cranks off or read off the markings once you get the old one out.

If you post up what sort of frame you have, if it’s a common one, someone will know what length the original one is likely to be.

m360
    Free Member

Thanks, I think it’s 118mm length, but will double check once I get the crank off.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Shimano Octalink Crank and BB parts/tools’ is closed to new replies.