• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by FOG.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shimano MW80 shoes, anyone had probs with them?
  • hug
    Free Member

The wife got me a pair of these 2 weeks ago (birthday) so after their third ride last night albeit a bit of a nasty muddy one, while cleaning them I see a 3 inch section of stitching has given up on the inboard side of the right shoe. I do recall kicking down to get clipped into the eggbeater once and missing ( glancing off that area of shoe) but I’d expect anything built without defects to put up with plenty of that type of thing during the life of the shoe.
    Will be giving Rutland Cycling a call in the morning.
    Is Shimano footware prone to such probs or am i safe to just ask for another pair of the same?
    MW80 stitching

loddrik
    Free Member

Been using mine for 3 years without issue.

senorj

no problem here.

mieszko
    Free Member

Got mine last year, use them for mtb, road, commuting. Always dry and warm feet, mine are still in one piece, and they seemed like quite a robust pair of boots. I remember reading that Ton from here pulled off the neoprene cuff but I never managed to do that when putting them on.

ojom
    Free Member

unlucky friday pair, usually utterly excellent.

theotherjonv

only that the wife bought what she thought was the right size for Xmas last year to find they size up small. And by the time I got round to swapping them, no sizes left.

So I now have Spesh Defrosters 🙁

tim41
    Free Member

Mine have started to wear through the inboard heel stitching where they rub on the cranks, after only one winters use. Probably my spaccy pedalling style, but I never had a problem with my old W101s.
    I expect the MW80s will actually last quite well now despite the stitching issue. I expect to get at least another winter out of them, hopefully more. Too late for a warranty claim, so time will tell…

neil853
    Free Member

I too have used trhem for commutting and mountain biking for almost 18 months and although they are starting to show there age they are still in one piece.

FOG

mine are beginning their third winter with no problems. I put spds on my winter road bike so I can have warm feet off and on road.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shimano MW80 shoes, anyone had probs with them?’ is closed to new replies.