Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shimano MP66 shoes – suitable for XC?
  • OmarLittle
    Free Member

The pedals i am using are the M647 and my specialized spds dont fit that great on them due to side grips/studs not sitting great on the platform. Was wondering if the storm trooper style shimano shoes are suitable for XC riding or are they more suited for other type of riding? Also how are shimano for size will their 45 be about the same as a uk 10?

thanks for any info

tomhughes46

I would probably want something stiffer for racing, depends what you are looking for. I use them for XC but am more worried about comfort/warmth than stiffness. I'm a UK5.5 and have a 39 if this helps at all?

OmarLittle
    Free Member

I wont be racing just general riding. Are they comfortable enough for all day riding?

mboy
    Free Member

They're plenty comfortable for all day riding, as long as it's not too hot really (they're a bit warmer than race style shoes). They're more than comfy to walk in too, I really like mine!

Oh, and if you're normally a 10, order a 45 for sure… Shimano shoes come up a little small, so where I'd order a 44 in something else, I wear 45 in Shimano.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Rich the Cycleactive guide wore MP55 (same shoe different colour) with us in morocco. He rides pretty much full time for a living in all sorts of terrain and conditions…

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

MP55 si a flat shoe not spd

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

gee, he had the old model black SPD shoe that this year is the white MP66, I thought it was called the 55 (with number changed the way they do with model years of XT etc). Whatever, I'm talking about the spd shoe the OP is asking about!

momo

MC Shimano didn't change the number when they updated the shoe, it's always been the MP-66.

I've got a pair and I love them, very comfortable, not the stiffest shoes out there, but not too bad.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Just thought i'd update this – got the shoes a couple of weeks ago and ive found them very good so far. They fit ideal with the cage on my current pedals and are the most comfortable cycing shoes i've ever had (despite also being the cheapest i think!) Very pleased with them 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shimano MP66 shoes – suitable for XC?’ is closed to new replies.