Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Shimano m525 rear hub spares. Where from.?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I need an axle for a Shimano 525 rear hub. Who sells them.? I keep drawing a blank on this one.

Looking at the price of a new unit would it pay to have a new one built into the rim.?

sillyoldman

Any bike shop can order you one – part number is 3SP 9801 for a complete axle/cones/locknut assembly.

They're in stock with Madison right now and Shimano spares are sent post free, so your LBS can order it on it's own with no carriage penalty.

RRP is £14.99 for the whole shebang….

nickc

Madisons On line web shop sells all sorts of Shimano spares http://www.madison.co.uk , unsurprisingly. I'd check there first.

woody2000
    neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Cheer all but wonders will never cease, my lbs stocks them.!!! 😀

I'm off for a lie down.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Nickc, Madison online does not actually sell anything it shows you what is available and points you to a local retailer.

devs
    Free Member

Buy the On One deore hub at 7.50. All the axle, freehub, bearings and cones are compatible, there's only one spacer and the dust cover that you'll need to retain. It's a shame to toss away the rest of the new hub but it's way cheaper.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

You can get a complete hub for £17 and you get a spare freehub and bearings virtually for free..

here

Edit.. Damn.. Beaten on both price and time!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Shimano m525 rear hub spares. Where from.?’ is closed to new replies.