Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • shimano m520's do you use them as they come or adjusted tension?
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

mine seem quite hard to click out of but thought i read some where they are just fine straight out of the box.these are my first clipless pedals…

Smee
    Free Member

loosen them off a bit. also, make sure your cleat bolts are tightened up properly – you dont want the cleat to turn when you try and unclip from a tight pedal. it's not a good look.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Wind them right the way out so they are loose and then play with them from there.

The last thing you want to do is come to a junction, need to stop and can't get out as you are new to them.

odannyboy
    Free Member

ok ill do a bit of adjusting and see what happens….

stumpy01

I wound mine right off when I first got them – you'll find with new cleats they are quite tight. As I got more confident & the cleats wore a bit, I tightened them up a bit.
    I've got some shoes with old cleats & some shoes with new cleats – the difference between the two is quite noticeable. I've found a happy medium now for them.

james
    Free Member

I wound mine out when I first got SPDs too
    When you are new to them you're going to be using brand new unworn pedals with brand new unworn cleats more than likely making them a bit harder to get out of than worn ones, so wind the tension off as much as they will go

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘shimano m520's do you use them as they come or adjusted tension?’ is closed to new replies.