Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Shimano lube
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Did you know Shimano made lube? I didn’t. Anyway, the wet lube seems to be remarkable stuff. I applied it, and did a 2 hour ride which was a bit wet but not sodden. And look:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/wUEZJc]Untitled[/url] by molgrips, on Flickr

No black oily mess! It’s still lubricated, but the lube has stayed clean.

dannyh
    Free Member

I’ve got their (supposedly) light chain lube. It is actually quite gloopy. I bought it because at that particular time it was on offer.

It seems to do a better job than Finishline (wet = far too sticky and a drivetrain’s worst nightmare, dry = hopeless).

I’m impressed with the Shimano stuff and it seems to be doing good things in terms of chain wear, but I’ll probably just buy the cheapest one I can find again when the time comes.

molgrips
    Free Member

For dry lube the muc-off stuff is a totally different thing to most dry lubes. Stays slightly sticky so stays on instead of crumblin away like the waxy ones, but not so sticky that it attracts the dust.

cheekyget
    Free Member

I use the sky muc off lube….working well for me …a cross between wet and dry….

gonzy
    Free Member

i bought a bottle of the stuff from CRC a while ago…its great stuff and seems to work better than the finishline stuff i’d used previously.
    i’ve also got the shimano grease which also looks like it does a better job than the other stuff…also its green which is cool!

dannyh
    Free Member

For me it’s pretty much a case of the cheapest ‘medium’ stuff I can find so long as it isn’t Finishline.

Stuff wears out.

molgrips
    Free Member

This isn’t a ‘what lube and why’ thread – just saying the Shimano stuff doens’t go black and messy – which is nice!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Shimano lube’ is closed to new replies.