Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Shimano Jockey Wheels
  • edward2000
    Free Member

Im looking for some M8100 jockey wheels but cant find any anywhere (item Y3FW98010). So,

a) Can i use 11 speed M8000?
    b) which aftermarket ones would you suggest (in stock preferably….)

Thanks 🙂

andrewh
    Free Member

I’ve got the Mt Zoom aftermarket ones. No complaints at all and last much longer than XTR and Dura Ace. I’m 10 speed mind

davros

Have you looked for m7100? They’ll do the job. They just use bushings instead of bearings.

submarined
    Free Member

If the 7100 are the same as Deore 12sp, they’re shite. Mine gummed up and seized in no time, which really surprised me as it’s not what I’m used to from Shimano bushed jockeys!

davros

I’ve had them a year no issues.

swanny853

Superstar ones are functional so far, albeit not the most testing conditions. They were available, which when I was looking was all I was asking!

oreetmon
    Free Member

I bought these to replace m8000 in January, still going strong.

£1.12 55% Off | Guide Wheel MTB Bicycle Pulley Wheel POM 11T Road Bike Jockey Rear Derailleur Repair Kit for Shimano Sram X01 XX1 GX NX
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtUUqK2

luket

If the 7100 are the same as Deore 12sp, they’re shite. Mine gummed up and seized in no time, which really surprised me as it’s not what I’m used to from Shimano bushed jockeys!

Kind of same here. Was surprised to find the jockey wheels were the source of the squeak and friction in my drive train. They needed a fairly regular lube. Quick job, so no biggie, but I prefer cartridge bearings. What I really disliked about my Deore mech though, was that its pivots developed a lot of play in really not very many miles. Grrr

vmgscot

Superstar 13T on my SLX (7100) mech and running fine so far (3 months). They also helped solve the chain jump/jamming issue on this mech.

sillyoldman

The M8100 set is due in with Madison next week.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Shimano Jockey Wheels’ is closed to new replies.