Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Shimano I spec compatibility help!!
  • mayan
    Free Member

I have an XT problem.

10spd shift levers – SL-M780-B and i used to have XT brakes BL-M785-B and they played together very nicely.

After the front brake started leaking i sent it back and got a replacement brake – BL-M8000
    This doesnt play nicely at all, looking on CRC. It has a semi-circle shim on the inside of the clamp, but no hole to fit the little shifter mounting bolt thingy.

Have I got the wrong brake? there doesnt seem to be options for ispec on CRC?
    Or is there some kind of adaptor that fits where the shim is? if so where can i find one?

thanks

momo

Welcome to the fun world of i-spec non-compatibility!

Shimano changed the i-spec specification for the 7000/8000/9000 series shifters and brakes, your old shifter will be i-spec a or b and the new brake i-spec ii. I don’t think that there is any way to convert them unfortunately.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

The brake lever you now have is ispec 2, sounds like you need ispec B, the two aren’t interchangeable.

mayan
    Free Member

CRC arent showing any ispec B brake levers so I’m assuming they’re not made anymore?
    And the only i spec II shifters are 11 spd……
    so in order to use the new new brake I need to get a new shifter and new cassette and new chain and new rear mech????

this is crazy…..is there not an adaptor you can get???

sillyoldman

You can get a new lid unit with a standard band on mount independent of the brake lever.

Part nos are 6UU 9805 and 6UU 9806 for with and without gear indicator options respectively.

Your LBS can order either post free for you, and both in stock at Madison. £15.99 RRP. Cheaper than going 11 speed, unless you want to do that?

Duc
    Free Member

Problem solvers make an adaptor from Ispec B to Ispec 11. Sos have them I believe. 30quid a pair though.

mayan
    Free Member

thanks for the solutions, but i cant find a problem solver ispec II to ispec B
    they have loads for shimano brakes to sram shifters, but none that i can find for ispec 2 to ispec B
    is there definitely one available?

otherwise the replacement band seems like the best solution

carlos
    Free Member

Is it just not easier to get a new Shimano 10spd shifter that clamps straight to the bars?? No need for cassette, mech etc unless you fancy 11spd or are looking at swapping to SRAM

Not ideal having to buy a new shifter but prob easier to source

Duc
    Free Member

Defintely one available – bit of a trauma to find but it does exist and SJS have them in stock – i can’t remeber off the top of my head which pack it is though

otsdr
    Free Member

I don’t think there is one that does it directly; you can use the PS 2.0 adapter to convert the shifters to SRAM MM and the PS 1.2 adapter to convert the brakes to the same.
    Once they are both Matchmaker, they will talk to each other.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Shimano I spec compatibility help!!’ is closed to new replies.