Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Shimano Clutch rear mechs?
  • chrisbruce
    Free Member

Was thinking of getting one in the new year but have a couple of questions, thought a few of you guys might ride with them.

Do you think its worth the upgrade from a normal XT mech and can you get them in 9speed?
    Had a good look on the net but couldn’t find one, thought it was a bit strange with most people riding 9 speed.

Cheers Chris

M1llh0use
    Free Member

No 9-speed option.

Got a 10speed xt shadow one, but only ridden it twice so can’t really say yet…

althepal

Ordered one last night. Looking forward to seeing how it goes..

b45her
    Free Member

they’re great, no real difference in shifting performance but they really help to keep the chain on and stop chain slap, I’ve got a 2013 strive with one on and its silent down rough descents, all you can hear is the sound of the tyres.

hilton83
    Free Member

Had mine on for a couple of months now, shifting is lovely and it makes the rear end ever so quiet, love it

james
    Free Member

“a bit strange with most people riding 9 speed.”
    But now you have a reason to buy a complete set of 10 speed?
    They’re not stupid you know

twohats
    Free Member

But now you have a reason to buy a complete set of 10 speed?
    They’re not stupid you know

Eh!?
    You only need, cassette, chain, shifter, rear mech to go ten speed. Hardly bank breaking if you get stuff from one of the many cheap German stores…

VanHalen

But if u buy cheap you end up with one of them stupid casettes that weigh more than the moon. Even if you buy xt you still add weight to the bike. And for what purpose?

I certainly don’t need another gear on my 1 x 9

Northwind

twohats – Member

Eh!?
    You only need, cassette, chain, shifter, rear mech to go ten speed. Hardly bank breaking if you get stuff from one of the many cheap German stores…

Is that more or less expensive than just buying a mech?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    twohats – Member
    Eh!?

Is that more or less expensive than just buying a mech?

😆

widge34
    Free Member

I went 10 speed 2 weeks ago. Shimano Zee clutch mech, XT Cassette, Saint shifter and SRAM chain.All for £140. So far it has been great.its quiet,shifts nicely and chain stays in place.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Shimano Clutch rear mechs?’ is closed to new replies.