Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Shimano AM41 size help!
  • Rockplough
    Free Member

Thought this would have been done but nothing in the search. Want to get a pair of these but finding stock is murder and would like to avoid the hassle of ordering two sizes online and sending one back.

Is there anyone here who’s a standard UK10 like me who can tell me what size they’re wearing? Handily Shimano’s own size guide says that’s a non-existent 45.5.

Thanks!

mr_mills
    Free Member

I’m a 9 but have needed size 45 (UK 10.5) in various Shimano shoes so you’d be wanting at least a 46. Shimano sizes are small.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I’m a 9.5ish UK and normally wear a Shimano 44. However, the AM41 44 came in quite small, so I’ve gone for a 45.

hilldodger
    Free Member

I take exactly the same size in shimano as I do in any other shoe/trainer, size 45.

In fact I seem to have the same size feet whatever brand the shoe, all this “come up small/big malarkey” just means you need your feet properly fitted for shoes as you’re wearing the wrong size 😆

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I take exactly the same size in shimano as I do in any other shoe/trainer, size 45.

I repeat:

I’m a 9.5ish UK and normally wear a Shimano 44. However, the AM41 44 came in quite small, so I’ve gone for a 45.

😛

I should add I’ve been wearing Shimano shoes for nearly 20 years…

mr_mills
    Free Member

mr_mills – Member

I’m a 9 but have needed size 45 (UK 10.5) in various Shimano shoes…

Shimano sizes are small.

chakaping
    Free Member

Normally UK 9.5 here, size 44 fits me fine – but I may have narrower feet than some of the above.

Merlin were best price and they came next day.

kimbers

i seem to be all over the place with shoe sizes as i have wide feet
    i got a 42 (whereas im usually a 41) for my mp66s which were the predecessor to the am41s

tho saying that had to get 42 for my new 510s

anto164
    Free Member

I’m a uk 10 and wearing a 46 (Shimano DX shoes)

hilldodger
    Free Member

Pimpmaster Jazz

I should add I’ve been wearing Shimano shoes for nearly 20 years…

Not the same pair I hope 😉

bigjim

mp66s which were the predecessor to the am41s

I think AM40s were the predecessor to AM41s, no SPD functionality. Even despite trying a few sizes on I walked out the shop with the wrong size of AM40s so need to buy some smaller AM41s. Might then have a used pair of AM40s in 47 going if anyone wants em!

winterfold
    Free Member

Great shoes – I am size 8/42 wear a 43 in the flats version

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Not the same pair I hope

😆

this_wreckage
    Free Member

I tend to find uk sizes inaccurate as sometimes a 10 fits where other times it’s a 9.5. What I always do find though is that a euro 44 pretty much is always right for me. With that in mind, I had to go up to a euro 45 for my am41’s. Tried a 44 and they were way too short, 46 was way too long! Width wise they seem generous whichever size.

VanHalen

i am a size 9 in Vans and right now i`m wearing size 44 shimano am40’s. if anything they are very slightly too big but a decent sock makes em fit nice.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I tend to find uk sizes inaccurate as sometimes a 10 fits where other times it’s a 9.5. What I always do find though is that a euro 44 pretty much is always right for me. With that in mind, I had to go up to a euro 45 for my am41’s. Tried a 44 and they were way too short, 46 was way too long! Width wise they seem generous whichever size.

Ditto here.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I asked a similar question last week in relation to shimano m161 shoe. General consensus was to order a size up which I did and they were too big. Exchanged for a normal size 9 and they’re fine.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I asked a similar question last week in relation to shimano m161 shoe. General consensus was to order a size up which I did and they were too big. Exchanged for a normal size 9 and they’re fine.

The AM41 seems to be a little smaller than normal Shimanos.

singlecrack
    Free Member

I am size 10 and wearing a 46
    I tried the size down and they felt too tight.

Rockplough
    Free Member

Well, managed to try on some size 45 (US10.5, UK9.5 according to Shimano) and they’re spot on. Go figure. First impressions are they’re brilliant shoes. Can’t wait to try them out properly this weekend.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Shimano AM41 size help!’ is closed to new replies.