Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Shimano 11spd mech with 10spd cassette and shifter?
  • Simon

I remember reading on here that it’s possible to use a Shimano M7000 or M8000 11spd mech with a 10 speed cassette and shifter.
    I’ve done a search but can’t find the thread, can anyone confirm that the above will work nicely?

hambl90
    Free Member

Can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work fine as long as it’s set up correctly.

simonhuscroft
    Free Member

Mine is working fine.
    Not as nice shifting as my other full xt 11sp but I imagine that’s down to the sunrace cassette rather than the mech.

ssboggy

Works fine, SLX 11 speed mech with xt 10 speed shifter, actually works better on a xt cassette with 42t expander cog than the 10 speed rear mech with rad cage that I was using before

ulysse
    Free Member

Works fine, SLX 11spd mech, sunrace 11-42 10spd cassette, SLX 10spd shifter

Simon

Thanks, I’ll order a mech and give it a try.

Simon

Fitted the 11spd mech tonight and got it working fine with no bother in the workstand. Will see how it rides tomorrow.

gelert
    Free Member

I’ve go my two set up with M8000 shifter and mech on XT 10s cassettes with SRAM 11s NX chain. Limit screw set to make the last low gear vanish. Works really well. No more dropped chains back-pedalling.

Using pre-used-for-a-season and cleaned XT 10s cassettes with Superstar 40T expanders I picked up for £20 each. I did drop in a 15 or 16T in one of them instead of having the big jump.

I think I’m going to try the SunRace 10s cassette with the alu 40T already built in on one bike.

I had run the M8000 11s 11-42T cassettes. Hateful things.

I’ll eventually move to a SRAM GX 11s cassette.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Shimano 11spd mech with 10spd cassette and shifter?’ is closed to new replies.