Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • shimano 105 5600 and ultegra 6700 compatibility
  • OmarLittle
    Free Member

My current groupset is shimano 105 5600. Need some new brakes and have seen the ultegra 6700 going relatively cheap – however looking at the shimano tech documents it says 5600 and 6700 are not compatible due to a different pull ratio – does this apply to the brakes too?

njee20
    Free Member

Ostensibly yes, rear mech is the same, front mech and brakes changed. Can’t comment in use.

MSP

does this apply to the brakes too?

yep I just upgraded to 105 on my road bike, had 105 5600 callipers on and didn’t realise they had changed, you can get them to work but they don’t feel right. If you are light and not fussy about the feel, they will probably be ok, but I changed them out.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

When did front mechs change?

I’ve got some DA STI’s (7800? 10 speed, but cable comes out the side not under the tape) and an FSA compact front mech, is this why my shifting is never quite right? If i turn the limit screw any further it wont shift (it already wont if the chain isn’t spotless) but still manages to regulalry fall off the outside when shifting.

njee20
    Free Member

Groups with concealed cables (5700, 6700, 7900) are different to the earlier ones.

Your front mech doesn’t work because it says FSA on it 😉

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Oh well guess i’ll have to go with the older model, thanks for the info.

Haze

Have a 6700 rear mech and cassette running fine on 5600 as njee20 says.

The rest isn’t even ‘B’ compatible from what I gather, will need shifters upgrading if I decide to go any further.

Not a problem as far as I’m concerned as I doubt a brake and fd upgrade will be worth it all that much on their own.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Groups with concealed cables (5700, 6700, 7900) are different to the earlier ones.

Cheers, that makes life simpler.

Your front mech doesn’t work because it says FSA on it

Probably

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘shimano 105 5600 and ultegra 6700 compatibility’ is closed to new replies.