Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Shifty looking…
  • v8ninety

So, going to upgrade my old and stiff 5 year old deore LX shifters and mech. I’ve ordered an XT mech, and I’m looking at shifters. Should I just plump for XT, or are lower spec shifters just as good? Or maybe XTR shifters are really worth the extra wonga? Let me know your experiences and opinions, people!

Cheers!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

SRAM X-0 FTW! 😉

brooess
    Free Member

I have some XT ones which have lasted me 5 years and still going strong.
    I think keeping cables in good nick is as important as shifters tbh

Milkie
    Free Member

I would get a 2nd hand XTR RH shifter from the for sale section or fleabay, they can be had for £35+. For the price it’s definately worth it.

chakaping
    Free Member

XT or XTR for me.

SLX is okay too though if you don’t mind the plasticky feel.

yossarian
    Free Member

Go XTR if you can. The difference is palpable.

Tom83

I’ve got xt shifters, and can’t fault them. Although my mate uses slx and apart from a different clicky feel, they shift just as well.

steve_b77
    Free Member

XT really is worth it, never tried XTR but would like to

v8ninety

Brilliant, Thanks peeps. anyone spotted any better prices than Wiggle or CRC recently? or selling any?

Radioman

have used XTR shifters in the past now use XT . The difference is small versus the extra wonga. XT is an excellent choice even for racers. SLX is fine too. I do like XTR cassettes they seem to last much longer(Luckily!!) than XT if you check and replace chains as well as being a fair bit lighter with the big Ti sprockets.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I have the 9 speed XTR shifters and they are so much smoother than XT. If you can only afford one piece of XTR on a bike I reckon the shifters give the most noticable performance increase per £.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Shifty looking…’ is closed to new replies.