Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • shifting bitumen from bikeframes
  • white101

Thanks to a careful and considerate roofer my families bikes have been left with rather fetching black spots of bitumen all over the frames forks wheels etc.
    Any ideas on how to shift the stuff? The roofers immediate suggestion was to “get a rag with a bit petrol on it” to which I replied I hear blood works well.

Jimbo
    Free Member

Petrols’ not too bad a suggestion. Or Autogylm Tar remover.

PePPeR

He was right, petrol is one way to do it, the other gentler way is local motor factors sell specific tar spot remover for removing tar spots from cars when they’ve driven through the summer road recovering season.

white101

Would petrol work on the wooden patio furniture he managed to dump a puddle on as well?

worst thing is, I asked a mate to do the job and they couldn’t even take care on the job when I’d went to the trouble of shifting everything for them (clearly not far enough away!)

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I used T-Cut on a car which was splattered, and then a milder polish to buff it back up to a good shine. Might be a bit overkill for what you want?

nickc

Any solvent should do TBH

Hammer
    Free Member

Roofers blood…. or the blood of his first born….

Ham

stumpy01

Halfords will sell several tar/bug removers meant for cars that will do the job.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘shifting bitumen from bikeframes’ is closed to new replies.