Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shifters: LX vs SLX
  • nbt

My shifters are getting a bit ratty and don;t get on too well with the Hope Tech levers, so I'm looking at gatting new ones in the CRC 10% off sale. I can get LX for £30 for SLX for £42. Is the SLX worth the extra? Do the indicator windows come neatly off the LX like they do off XT / SLX, so they'll fit nicely with the Hope Tech levers?

ta

Badgerpoo
    Free Member

Don't know about LX, but SLX have dual release which is handy. The windows come off in an identical fashion to m770 XT.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

dual release.. mmmmm!mmm… although they don't have the adjustable length clamps that the XT do. TBH unless they're a real PITA then fit your brake levers first and then your shitfers around them.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Cool! Shitfers passes the swearometer..

showerman
    Free Member

i have just fitted a pair of slx on the winter bike on my other 2 i am running new xtr. i do not like them they are heavey to use and feel dead when pressing the leavers. but i am compairing them to xtr which is wrong

nbt

LX shifters
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=15214

SLX Shifters
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=28034

LX are dual release, like SLX and XT – I think even the new Deore models are dual release. SLX now have the inboard / outboard mounting option, which might help with mating them to the Hope Tech levers

I suppose I've got till 10pm tomorrow before the sale finishes

showerman
    Free Member

then another sale will start an hour later

br
    Free Member

SLX, if only for the inboard/outboard and that you can remove the indicators.

Can you remove the indicators on XT and XTR – anyone know?

showerman
    Free Member

no indicators on xtr cos we know what gear we are in 😆 looks like you can take the windows of all of them 2 little screws and the cover is on the underside of the shifter pod

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shifters: LX vs SLX’ is closed to new replies.