Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 348 total)
  • ShhhhhhSh.. I think the Remainers have finally cried themselves to sleep
  • thebees
    Free Member

Tantrums over. No more anti-democracy marches or calls for a second referendum. Wee Jimmy Kranky put in her place by Brussels in a tragic unrequited love affair.
    The grown ups are back in charge with just a few little-uns left squabbling in the red wendy house.

It’s all good for us winners !

maccruiskeen

Any news on what it is you / we have won yet?

wwaswas

Boris Johnson is Foreign Secretary.

We’re all losers.

spawnofyorkshire

There’s no winners here. Just people being smug despite having no reason to be

enjoy the recession and years of uncertainty

theflatboy
    Free Member

Can we park this thread for 5 years and then revive it so we can actually understand how it all panned out?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

And now you’ve got to come up with some answers.

Free movement of people
    Effect of trade tariffs on GDP
    Workers rights
    Restabilising inward investment

Or is it just boot the foreigners out?

jam-bo

I feel assured that everything will be alright.

Torminalis
    Free Member

The grown ups are back in charge

clodhopper
    Free Member

“It’s all good for us winners !”

You’ve won shit in a sock. Go on, put your hand in; feel your victory.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

yep – well done indeed…

Google Pyrrhic Victory, you gloating cockwomble. 😉

allan23
    Free Member

Tantrums over. No more anti-democracy marches or calls for a second referendum. Wee Jimmy Kranky put in her place by Brussels in a tragic unrequited love affair.
    The grown ups are back in charge with just a few little-uns left squabbling in the red wendy house.

2/10, poor trolling attempt is too obvious a trolling attempt.

spawnofyorkshire

You’ve won shit in a sock. Go on, put your hand in; feel your victory.

Chapeau

Out of five guys I know who openly voted leave, one is seriously regretting it now because he’s realised his job is based on EU funding (he’s a microbiolgy researcher with a PHD! FFS he should have engaged brain). Three are being incredibly smug but can’t give a valid reason why they voted leave, not one, but are adamant it was the right call.
    The other has put some good arguements across and i respect his personal decision, if not the outcome of his action.
    So my incredibly small sample gives 20% validity, 20% outright stupitiy and 60% non-sensical smug bellends

globalti
    Free Member

…and in other news, I’ve just put the phone down on the third overseas agent who has called me this week to express his shock at a decision he feels must have been driven by ignorance and xenopohobia, and seeking assurance that our trading relationship won’t change.

Two people told me this week that they voted for Brexit “as a protest” but never thought it would actually happen. Idiots.

ninfan
    Free Member

Can you imagine the sense of utter desperation felt by Rab and Mary Doll, after two weeks of running around whinging about how the EU vote meant there should be another indyref, as the new prime minister stood at the lectern in Downing Street and said:

The full title of my party is the Conservative and Unionist party… and that word unionist is very important to me. It means we believe in the union, the precious, precious bond between England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

😆

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

There’s no winners here.

Are you sure?

What about all the rich folk who could afford to buy loads of shares when the market crashed?

or all the fat cat lawyers who will make a fortune out of changing UK legislation?

Some people will do exceptionally well out of Brexit.

wwaswas

Interesting take on will v capability.

By David Alan Green in the FT.

GrahamS

In case you missed it OP:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyyOyoeqKfM[/video]

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I’m waiting for enough of the smarter leavers to realise their mistake and start crying for a reversal. How I’ll laugh.
    The smug leavers must remember that the margin was so narrow that all the promises cannot be delivered and that the promises were so ridiculous that they cannot be delivered either.
    Eventually the leavers will wake up and realise what they have done.
    So come on, stop prissyarsing around and get the process started.

seosamh77
    Free Member

spawnofyorkshire – Member
    one is seriously regretting it now because he’s realised his job is based on EU funding (he’s a microbiolgy researcher with a PHD!).

And the Darwin award goes to… 😆

GrahamS

The full title of my party is the Conservative and Unionist party…

Ah yes, great to see a traditional stand for Conservative & Unionist National Togetherness 😉

I don’t think Theresa can actually force Scotland to respect that “precious, precious bond” – not without deploying some precious, precious troops anyway.

thebees
    Free Member

Ian Hislop wetting his pants ! Brexit, the gift that keeps on giving. Can we have some film of Bob Geldof taking a stroll through a fishing port please?

kimbers

Im crying, but only at your naivety

outofbreath
    Free Member

“microbiolgy researcher”

I’m sure plenty of non EU nations do micro biology research and I see no reason why post exit UK wouldn’t.

@wwaswad: Yup. Sums it up.

GrahamS

The smug leavers must remember that the margin was so narrow that all the promises cannot be delivered and that the promises were so ridiculous that they cannot be delivered either.

What I’ve seen so far has been Leavers blaming Remainers for sabotaging Brexit. 🙄

I suspect that will only continue – they had a fantastical glorious independent future in mind, with no immigration, a soaring pound, and £350 million a week to spend multiple times over.

So any post-referendum reality that starts to look less like that Brexit utopia and more like the warnings of Remain’s “Project Fear” will be squarely blamed on the bitter Remain voters trying to sabotage things.

kimbers

outofbreath – Member
    “microbiolgy researcher”

I’m sure plenty of non EU nations do micro biology research and I see no reason why post exit UK wouldn’t.

its about funding and collaboration with the EU though, by far our biggest imternational collaborator

http://www.channel4.com/news/catch-up/display/playlistref/080716/clipid/080716_SCI

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Well the outcome of Brexit is that I’ve realised that I’m a much colder, harder bastard than I realised. Haven’t talked to my oldest friend in three weeks because she’s an ignorant idiot, not that I hate her for being a brexiter – I just can’t be bothered wasting my time by spending it with a cretin.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“So any post-referendum reality that starts to look less like that Brexit utopia and more like the warnings of Remain’s “Project Fear” will be squarely blamed on the bitter Remain voters trying to sabotage things.”

That’s exactly what May has avoided with her choice of Boris, Davis etc.

alexpalacefan

Five topics started in the last 2 years OP?

Get back to the Daily Mail where you belong.

APF

Torminalis
    Free Member

I got the chance to tell my MIL that she is a little bit simple. Brexit was an excellent excuse and one of the only upsides I can see at this stage.

I really am curious what the Exitards think they have won though…

finishthat
    Free Member

Some reasonable text from a BBC HYS :
    “The Experts wanted to remain, we are leaving and to leave we need the experts to sort out the mess the uninformed got us in to, like it of not the remain camp need to make Brexit work as the leave camp was made of those uninformed and not experienced enough to move forward – backward thinking (talking as a whole not the one or two gems in the leave camp, they can have a hand in it as well)”

Essentially this backs up the capacity article above.

Leave does not have the capacity to execute – those that do are not willed to do so.

Leave – “Go on get on with it we won!”
    Stay – ” Get on with precisely what ?”
    ……………………………………..

GrahamS

That’s exactly what May has avoided with her choice of Boris, Davis etc.

Maybe. I hope so.

But there are plenty of voices already saying that she is setting them up to fail.

I was reading the reader’s comments in The Metro yesterday (always a mistake) and it was full of stuff about how Andrea Leadsom had been deliberately sabotaged to get May in, so she could then wreck Brexit.

Mind you these are probably exactly the same people who were telling us before the referendum that the government were planning to fix the result. I guess giving out all those pens must have prevented that 🙄

Harry_the_Spider

Gove fired off into no mans land.

Even the darkest of clouds can have a tiny silver Pob-shaped lining.

Here’s hoping that Boris makes an utter **** of himself. It makes you think that by promoting these three to Brexit-heavy departments it will show that they aren’t up to the job and that it will be unworkable.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Ian Hislop wetting his pants ! Brexit, the gift that keeps on giving. Can we have some film of Bob Geldof taking a stroll through a fishing port please?

You’re laying it on a bit thick now. On a boring conference call or something?

mudshark
    Free Member

I’ve met a few leavers – my social circle consists mainly of younger, educated people so mostly remainers fortunately.

The leavers I know were motivated by immigration thinking that reduced immigration will result in higher salaries and reduced house prices. Well we may get lower house prices with a recession so maybe that’s a win for them?!

enfht
    Free Member

And now you’ve got to come up with some answers

Yes, a novel concept indeed. And very different from being dictated to by unelected **** in Luxemburg.

convert

Now if they could just bring in a new law that said if you voted leave and loose your job in a post Brexit meltdown you get a slap around the face and a bucket of sick instead of benefits.

bigrich

It’s all very amusing from outside. Everyone thinks the UK is a joke country.

wwaswas

very different from being dictated to by unelected **** in Luxemburg.

Yes, we have enough of those in the House of Lords…

GrahamS

Incidentally if the OP really thinks the Remainers have gone to sleep (despite this and half a dozen other threads still raging on) then it’s only because some have become a bit numb:

UK exhausted from arguing with Brexit f**kwits

Leku
    Free Member

And all you have to do is click your heels three times and grant funding from China, India, Iceland, Peru etc will fall out of the sky.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 348 total)

The topic ‘ShhhhhhSh.. I think the Remainers have finally cried themselves to sleep’ is closed to new replies.