Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • She's finally alive!! (Obligatory Pic Post)
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

weight wasn’t really a concern fortunately.

Did you consider a Nicolai? 😀

+1 for mherbie though; he is right and while it may be heavier than it otherwise might be, it’s still a fabulous bike.

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Thanks mherbie 🙂

Though I appreciate every comment. Obviously everybody is different in various ways and riding styles are one of them. For me riding has always been about the downhill, I only ride up to go back down 😀

Until hopefully end of this year going to go Val D’isere or Les Gets as long as my friends don’t bail 🙂

GSuperstar
    Free Member

geetee – People are going to hate me now… but I just dont like the look of them! I’ve tried so hard to admire them, and I understand the history of them and how much work goes in to the build, but unfortunately just not to my taste.

(Awaits the STW hatred cru)

geetee1972
    Free Member

geetee – People are going to hate me now… but I just dont like the look of them!

Actually I think the general consensus is with you there; aesthetically they aren’t exactly pretty. Functional is about as kind as I can get and I am die hard fan!

GSuperstar
    Free Member

lol! Glad I’m not on my own with this one then 😀 But definitely a work of art in it’s own right.

stuarty
    Free Member

Mmm
    That would be mighty nice

Think the gucci grips are over kill
    As for the seat post omg how did you sleep with that sticker

Have fun with her post a dirty pic next

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Thanks Stuarty

Overkill is my thing 😉 lol.

Im confused with the sticker comment? (I am tired)

tommy19
    Free Member

What grips are these?

takisawa2

Lovely bike, lucky bugger. 🙂

Did it really arrive on a pallet ?

dasnut
    Free Member

I guess it depends on what you ride, but ust minions are pretty draggy and heavy, I certainly wouldn’t want to pedal them uphill, they are a downhill race tyre after all. The 2.35 folding minion goes great on flows though, pity they don’t do a UST one (i.e. thicker sidewall) to go on the rear.

Perhaps its just me, but 70mm seems way too much stem even on a trail bike (yes a 70mm will make it climb better, but in your configuration the minions more than make up for any gain in any case) – 50mm will work better downhill.

All IMO, of course.

deserter
    Free Member

I had basically the same spec on my Intense slopestyle and used that purely for downhill, it was a beast at descending so you will have fun on that…..nice bike, for all their faults I’m a full on Intense fanboy and will probably always have one in the fleet

GSuperstar
    Free Member

I was looking at the SS2 as a possibility, but the lack of front mech was the decider. If my riding was purely downhill orientated the SS2 would be as amazing I’m sure.

Took her out for an urban spin last night, there’s nice step jumps round me and she literally takes everything in her stride. So pleased!

hora
    Free Member

Just my luck Shimano have released a new Saint groupset though

Your cast aways could be my gain.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I likeee, It looks like it’ll withstand a great deal of hammering and you seem to be into that so good choice.

I like the yellow.

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Hora – there is a very good chance of that! Lol.

Bikebuoy- thanks mate. It was either play it safe with white or take a risk with can am yellow, I’m also glad I took a chance 😀

theendisnigh
    Free Member

how do you find the cane creek db? I’m considering one myself.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It looks ok, but I like my ex filing cabinet better….

(shown in it’s natural surroundings) 😉

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘She's finally alive!! (Obligatory Pic Post)’ is closed to new replies.