Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • sherwood pines……….yey?…….ney?
  • paul
    Free Member

i was there last weekend and it just seemed like mass confusion of which direction to be travelling in. what are your thoughts? Parts of the trails were spot on.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Are you one of the two guys I showed around for a bit?

paul
    Free Member

no wasnt me 😛

swoosh
    Free Member

were you one of the 3 guys riding around without any helmets?

btw, i quite like it. think it doesnt really matter what direction to go in, its just full of singletrack, just go exploring. i never really find the same places twice.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

There was quite a few confused looking people at Sherwood last Saturday, it must have been another couple of lads that I took for a tour of the better bits of singletrack.

BTW, I’d be in the ‘yey’ camp in case you didn’t guess it.

There is plenty of great riding at Sherwood Pines, you just need someone to point you in the direction of it or spend a fair bit of time going around in circles looking for it to find the best stuff.

ji
    Free Member

The lack of signs doesn’t help (although at least the posts now have a pen marked arrow on them to show the right direction in which to ride).

Was there over xmas and got to the end of the new Kitchener trail – total confusion as it just ends with no signs, further obvious trail or anything. The new trail is OK, but some of the corners are a bit poorly thought out, with the drainage ditch on the outside and the trail covered in pine needles (ouch!). At least the soil was soft…

joemarshall
    Free Member

Coming from just West of Nottingham, it always seems like a bit of a trek when for the same sort of distance, you can go to the bottom of the Peak District.

Joe

paul
    Free Member

it does offer some great riding but there were a few near misses with people coming in the opposite direction

MadPierre

Pook
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘sherwood pines……….yey?…….ney?’ is closed to new replies.