Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sherwood Pines when its wet?
  • ryan_c

Hey good people

Gonna be near sherwood pines tomorrow and wandering is it worth taking my bike and going for a quick blast round the red route?

I know it can get quite muddy so will it be rideable with the current conditions?

Cheers in advance
    Ryan

Spud

Erm… you won’t get round the whole route. At least 4 sections were closed on Wednesday. Parts are a quagmire and not all the closures had diversions. I was rather bored by the time I gave up.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Yup the Kitchener trail sucks in the wet. The closures are ‘kin annoying too as it’s not exactly the worlds best trail but hey it’s the closest to me unfortunately. I wish I knew the off piste stuff though.

millcar
    Free Member

Link together the middle bits with single track and its fine. The closures are indeed a pain and not that well marked.

If you know it the Mids circuit from earlier in the year is very rideable (but short)

nickwatson
    Free Member

The bits that are closed are the least fun bits though. Went today and it was reasonable – and thought the diversions were easily followable.

weeble
    Free Member

I rode it for the first time, yep it’s muddy in places but come on it is November! What are people expecting? Get out there and MTFU.

As I was there late in the day only saw 2 other riders and for the most part had the trail to myself.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

There’s plenty of reasonable singletrack if you open your eyes & look for it, there’s so much more to the place than the Kitchener trail.
    It is possible to do 3hours+ without riding the same trail twice if you know where to go.
    But in answer to your question, yes it’s all rideable, I’ve been there a couple of times in the last week & haven’t bothered putting the mud tyres on yet, still runnning Racing Ralphs.

robidoo
    Free Member

I found some cracking singletrack on a solo night ride the other week.

The bit with the trenches (locals will know where :lol:) was well spooky, like riding in a cave.

Go and explore.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

The trenches are great fun when you get them right, need to get up there again & try & keep some of the really tight rat runs open

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sherwood Pines when its wet?’ is closed to new replies.