Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Sherwood Pines – Kitchner Trail
  • Gravy
    Free Member

It would be better it if there was'nt any underhand stuff (midnight diggers), I am putting some plans/notes together about what needs to be improved and what riders would like to add or improve what's there already. Ideally if we could get something similar to the "Chase Trails" guys and form some rapport with the FC it can only be for the good of both parties.
    Hopefully after the winters ravages have played havoc with our trails and I have had time to get my stuff together and have a plan, I will be approaching the powers that be for authorisation/cooperation or even rejection.

Gravy
    Free Member

All help should apply in person.

Si
    Free Member

Good luck working with the FC there…

st

And drop any of us at Chase Trails a line if you want to discuss any ideas.

The attitude of the FC seems to differ massively from location to location, we're really lucky I guess although it's still not all plain sailing.

abductee
    Free Member

Gravy
    Sorry I'm being a bit dim. What do you mean all help should apply in person?

adey205
    Free Member

yeah mate! expand a little please

st

I'd hazard a guess that it's along the lines of show up to show willing rather than say you;re going to turn up on a forum.

About 7 years ago Chase Trails started and got about 50 people sign up online to help dig. After the first dig day numbers dropped to 2 or 3.

adey205
    Free Member

gravy knows me better than that.
    most of our mates are the same as well. i think if we really pushed we could get 15-20 people if needed

abductee
    Free Member

Sign up on this forum then. You can always drop out before/during/after the first dig.

http://sherwoodpines.yolasite.com/

Gravy
    Free Member

You apply in person by 1,email 2,catch me on the trail 3,text/call me 4,ask some one at the bike shop if I'm around.

First volunteer is Funny Nick, thanks a lot Nick !!

(What have I started ?)

Thanks to Chase guys also.

adey205
    Free Member

you know you can count on me pal.

oh yeah. might be hitting cannock sun if you're interested

Gravy
    Free Member

Ive got students sat and sun ade, would have jumped at the chance otherwise. I will call you or see you wed eve.

daim

Did anything happen? Just found this thread and after riding SP for the past two weekends I reckon most of the Kitchener will be swamp by the end of the autumn.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Personally I think that FC have got what they wanted – car park packed full to bursting the few times I've been.

I think the trail is OK for youngsters – my youngest loved it (8 years old) but has moved on to slightly harder stuff now.

My favoutite 2 bits are those snaking through the trees (christened 'Narnia' and 'Back of the Wardrobe' by my kids). Mind you, we rode them in an extended dry period, I could imagine they're a claggy nightmare now it's wet.

May visit again when it's dry again but it's 60 miles for us so we'd have to really be doing something else as well such as GoApe.

robidoo
    Free Member

I was there today I don't know the names of the trails but in the dark pine areas was really bad, about I mile from the end there was a section that looked like a muddy motox track.
    And was about as wide as one too.
    It's not looking good for winter mind you the car park was full tho. 😆

adey205
    Free Member

car park seems to be full most days at the weekend, but what i want to know is, how many riders actually return after their visit? some people i've spoken to recently said they thought the area was ok, but they won't be hurrying back with the trails as they are

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Sherwood Pines – Kitchner Trail’ is closed to new replies.