Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sherwood Pines – conditions?
  • dicky
    Free Member

I’m planning a trip to Sherwood Pines tomorrow cos I’m in the area. What are the conditions like – is it a mudfest or is most of it ok?

By the way, are the new trails open yet? I’d heard that they had quite a bit of new singletrack nearing completion.

midlifecrashes

Bit of a mudfest. New bits are mostly better armoured, but surprisingly not all the way round. Still not signposted/mapped. To get to start of new trail, head away from car park over to the event car park and it starts on the far side of that, look out for a pair of tall wooden marker posts.

thefallguy
    Free Member

kitchener was the usual mix of dry and filth today, fireroads were solid ice but melting quick, skills park around the old dual decenders was lots of fun though-was worth the trip

Whatsit
    Free Member

Did they ever stone the swoopy bit that drops down off the white family path at the top down into the valley?

In fact did they ever stone any of the new stuff they’ve been digging, last time I went it was looking a bit worn on the bit I mentioned as it’d been left as cut back dirt.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

you think the new dh is ok?

please expand.

likes/dislikes

thefallguy
    Free Member

[did they ever stone any of the new stuff]
    nothing seems like its been surfaced, like you say just cut back and worn.

new downhill was still snow covered, but it was nice to find some rock features to drop/roll off, bomb holes were fun too although found the bottom on one of em was already a bit sharp. enjoyed the bottom part of run with small steps, tabletop, berms etc, just isnt long enough but not much you can do about that.
    I’m only a trail rider not a dh so didn’t have a go at the ladder drop!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

All the good stuff like the ladder and the kickers are unofficial and i wouldnt be suprised to see them removed pretty soon. But youd say for the length you could fit more into it tho as opposed to jump…………wait……..jump…………wait………drop

thefallguy
    Free Member

I’m sure that more technical features could be incorporated, whether thay will though is anybodys guess. Progress seems slow, and work on the northshore project is still months away, although there is supposed be an official launch in April

wysiwyg
    Free Member

It was great and finished until a very well known rider said it wasnt any good – then it suddenly became a work in progress – now its going to be dug by a set of volunteers…allegedly

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sherwood Pines – conditions?’ is closed to new replies.