Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sherwood Centre Parcs to the pines…
  • jonny-m
    Free Member

Having a long weekend at Centre parks soon and thought I’d escape for an hour or two.
    Is it possible to get onto a way marked route from inside the Park or do I have to drive or ride out the gates?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Never been, but I thought you were enclosed by a high voltage electric fence with explosive charges?

wwaswas

out past the entrance lodges and you can follow the fence round until you get to the trails.

jonny-m
    Free Member

Left or right out the gate?

ianfitz
    Free Member

Out of CP main gates and turn left to follow the big barbed wire fence until the fence corner and cross roads. Head right any follow that track back to the start of the trails.
    You can see the route on google maps

jeffl

From memory there’s a gate on the WNW edge just up from the golf range. Not been for a couple of years and may be one way only or something to keep the rifraf out.

jonny-m
    Free Member

Thanks guys, How far are we talking from the main gate to the trails?
    Fancy doing the red route with my son whilst we’re there

phead
    Free Member

>big barbed wire fence

barbed wire? Its been upgraded to razor wire!

Not sure if that’s to to keep the guests in or bike thieves from bilsthorpe/gara out.

Either way left at the bottom of the hill after the gate is correct, there is no other exit.

About (edit)2.3 miles to the main center, you can join up trails through sherwood proper and thorsby if you want.

psycorp
    Free Member

Out the main gates and as the entrance road drops down (way before you get to the public roads) it turns right and there’s a wide track on the left. Take the track and it follows the park fence all the way into Sherwood. Take a right onto the first fireroad you hit and the red is on the left about 100m. It’s about 2 miles or so from the main gates.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I believe that at Center Parcs all the good riding is accessed via the back alley.

joat

thegreatape – Member
    I believe that at Center Parcs all the good riding is accessed via the back alley.

I think we need a little symbol to indicate cross-threading (as I like to call it).

Pook

I tried to get out of the back gate but couldn’t. Razor wire. I then tracked the fence like a caged tiger. All the back to the main gate. Turn left, left up the bridleway on the other side of the fence. It spits you out 1/3 way round the red.

MoreCashThanDash

Cross threading in the back alley? 😯

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sherwood Centre Parcs to the pines…’ is closed to new replies.