Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sherpa sizing
  • asunder
    Free Member

Hi, I’m also considering a Stanton Sherpa frame for my next build. I’m 5’6″ and wondering if I’m too small for the 17″frame. My torso though is somewhat average and it’s my legs that are short, with a 29″ inseam.
    Are you short too and on a similar frame? Is it ok for you?

oldnpastit

17″ Stanton. I’m 5’8″ with a 32″ inseam, 50mm stem. My 125mm dropper post could probably drop another inch or so before the collar bumped into the seat tube. Does that help?

theboyneeds
    Free Member

19″ Sherpa. 6’1″. 32″ inseam. 40cm stem. Layback post. Monkey arms.

mboy
    Free Member

You’ll be fine on a 17″ Sherpa at 5’6, might need a 100mm dropper rather than 125 or longer, but you’ll be fine.

FWIW I’ve got a VGC Mk1 Sherpa frameset for sale, belonged to my ex GF but she barely rode it and it’s in VGC if you are interested give me a shout.

asunder
    Free Member

Is that capable of running 27.5+?

mboy
    Free Member

Yeah for sure, as long as the rim isn’t too wide. A 2.8″ Trailblazer just creeps in on a Scraper rim, but stick to a 35mm wide rim and you’ll have half decent clearance.

riklegge

I’m 5’6″ with a 17″ Sherpa. I’ve got a 125 drop fox transfer and it’s fully inserted into the frame. With SPD’s it’s fine (in fact I could raise the post a little) With flat pedals it’s just about fine, could probably do with being around 5mm lower. I could gain this back with shorter cranks (running 170) or shallower saddle, but it’s not been a real problem.

asunder
    Free Member

Thanks riklegge. What length stem do you run?

riklegge

It’s a 50mm stem (750 bars) and feels pretty good. I’m similar to you (short legs, normal body). I could probably get away with 10mm either way and it still feel good.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sherpa sizing’ is closed to new replies.