Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 166 total)
  • Sherlock
  • PrinceJohn

Liking the drugged up Sherlock

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nice car, Mrs H.

MoreCashThanDash

Wasn’t sure if Sherlock was on drugs or I was. Bloody weird tonight?

mikey3
    Free Member

turned into a jimmy Saville doco

paulmgreen
    Free Member

its turned to crap….. i gave it another chance after last week and just turned it off…. rubbish

mrmoofo

Tis indulgent shit ….

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I watched Endeavour instead. Sherlock appears to have disappeared up its own rear end going on last weeks episode (and the last couple before that) and while I was never a fan of Morse the 60’s reboot at lease has some detecting in it.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Didn’t see that coming.

bodgy
    Free Member

Blimey, that was a corker.

DickBarton

Was ok tonight, but as soon as the daughter turned up, I suspected the therapist…got the final connection about 30 seconds before the reveal.

Was better than last week’s, but still not hitting the spot for some reason and I can’t work out what.

IHN

Blimey, that was a corker[b] load of self indulgent codswallop[/b].

leffeboy

No, it was great but im not buying the sister bit

The car was a great moment though:)

kelvin

Ace.
    Chilling.

donald
    Free Member

Una Stubbs steals every scene she’s in doesn’t she?

spooky_b329

Anyone notice when the car skidded into the bins, it missed the dropped kerb and they cut to another view as the rear wheel smacked the kerb. For the following scenes, there was a black bin bag placed in front of the presumably trashed alloy wheel 🙂

pictonroad

That was better. 8)

bodgy
    Free Member

@IHN – bit harsh, nobody is forcing you to watch it!

@donald – doesn’t she just.

inigomontoya
    Free Member

Much more enjoyable, but Sherlock didn’t recognise his sister? Even with a wig?

Matt24k
    Free Member

I love it. Mrs 24k is riveted yet mostly confused so doesn’t dare talk in case she misses the important bit. I get an hours evening nap as I find the program boring although I woke up for the car chase last night.

slowoldman

I agree. That quip about being a drug dealer’s widow was brilliant. Mrs. Hudson clearly has great taste. That Aston was a nice colour.

nickjb
    Free Member

but Sherlock didn’t recognise his sister? Even with a wig?

He didn’t notice John had been replaced by a balloon with a face drawn on it. There’s an interesting interview with Mark Gatiss on the BBC website at the moment. Covers this sort of thing.

disco_stu
    Free Member

After watching last weeks I nearly didn’t bother with this one but I was glad I did, it was much better and a return to form.

IHN

@IHN – bit harsh, nobody is forcing you to watch it!

That’s perfectly true, I watched it having enjoyed the previous series and thinking the previous episode was alright.

It’s just going the way that these things always seem to go; let’s start to weave in some ridiculously contrived back story to the characters, instead of concentrating on the main appeal of the (very well done) buddy movie aspect of Sherlock and Watson, some bad guys and some detectiving.

Indeed.

plyphon
    Free Member

idk, the drugged up sherlock was cool – and the thing about Mary being a figment of Johns imagination –

The thing that’s a bit poo was that there wasn’t any real mystery to solve. They knew who the bad guy was and what he was doing from the start. It was all a bit floppy. And the whole “I’m a killer, a cereal killer” thing was just cringeworthy.

It’s almost like they have this over-arching story line of John’s demise from the death of his wife, and this Sherlock sister thing – but they’ve not really any real idea how to fill the actual episode with anything that connects the things together.

It’s all gone a bit James Bond with the car thing also.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Liked it, better than last week.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Better – but poor still. Poor quality implasuble sub-Saville villain role. They proved they can all act – now they just need a script.

IHN

but they’ve not really any real idea how to fill the actual episode with anything that connects the things together.

Here’s a crazy idea, why don’t they try the

buddy movie aspect of Sherlock and Watson, some bad guys and some detectiving.

BigJohn

Watson’s bus-girl = Moriarty’s Holmes’s sister out for revenge. You heard it here first.

We loved it. But we loved it for what it was – not what we think a Sherlock episode ought to be.

My only disappointment was how poorly the Aston handled. It went round all the corners sideways, out of control, when the police Mondeo following was able to keep up quite smoothly. I know which one I’m going to get.

whitestone
    Free Member

My only disappointment was how poorly the Aston handled. It went round all the corners sideways, out of control, when the police Mondeo following was able to keep up quite smoothly. I know which one I’m going to get.

Maybe Mrs H had had a sniff of what Holmes was on, or maybe just a sniff of Holmes? 😉

BigJohn

I was also disappointed by the continuity. The paisley on Toby Jones’s cravat kept moving about scene by scene.

Mackem

Echoing the rest, much better 2nd episode. Hopefully the 3rd will be another improvement.

Terpentine Trimblecrutch

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Thought it was very good.

Liked Watson’s confession very much …. but then Im soft as sh*** .

Blubberboy Comfortblanket

IHN

Liked Watson’s confession very much …. but then Im soft as sh*** .

Yeah, I did too. Bilbo Baggins is out-acting Tumblebum Crumbleminge IMO (although Una Stubbs is pwning them both)

Cougar

You’re all grumpy buggers and I’m really enjoying it.

Englebert Humperdinck.

palmer77
    Free Member

nickjb – Member
    but Sherlock didn’t recognise his sister? Even with a wig?
    He didn’t notice John had been replaced by a balloon with a face drawn on it. There’s an interesting interview with Mark Gatiss on the BBC website at the moment. Covers this sort of thing.

Face blindness (Prosopagnosia), can be common in autism, perhaps with a sociopath also?

palmer77
    Free Member

Just watched it again, I thought it was quite excellent..

nedrapier

Didn’t like the first one much – too many “Oh, come on!” moments: GPS tracker in her memory stick, and she didn’t check? and how was it powered? the fact that they cart these memory sticks around with them with every bit of information about each other when they might be captured? And someone who’s as good at reading people as Sherlock would wind someone up that hard who was pointing a loaded gun around a room of people that he cared about, and that cared about him?

Second one was much better! Very good indeed.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ding! Ding!

Round three!

leffeboy

Oh bollocks 🙁

maxtorque

I have literally no idea what the scoobies is going on. But then i’ve tuned in halfway through the 3rd episode without seeing the others!

Who’s the weird woman in the glass prison? 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘Sherlock’ is closed to new replies.