Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 166 total)
  • Sherlock
  • huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

I liked it – I’d have been disappointed had there been anything other than daft plots and hammy acting from Benelux Cambersands

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

We watched the last of the previous series before the new one, was much betterer.

Bendmeadick Cuminmysnatch.

CaptJon
    Free Member

martinhutch – Member
    Nice jolly filming about 20 different foreign locations for her ‘travel montage’ I wonder how much that cost per second of transmitted footage.

IIRC an hour of high quality drama costs £300,000-400,000.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nice jolly filming about 20 different foreign locations for her ‘travel montage’ I wonder how much that cost per second of transmitted footage.

Contract crew on location shoots a few minutes of footage, with a double in it. Editing team stitch it together.

Bumblefudge Chundersnatch

PrinceJohn

Forgot about this – caught it on the telly this afternoon… much more enjoyable.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wwkx6d6_AI[/video]

slowoldman

Good grief, it’s only telly.

palmer77
    Free Member

It was ok, too much focus on Mary IMHO throughout the series she’s been in, and as has been mentioned, not the most convincing casting for the background…

crankboy
    Free Member

Given, that Mary had been shot in the chest but was still breathing without significant difficulty conscious and had no obvious exit wound , you would think the least combat Dr Watson would do was lay her flat stick his finger in the hole and try and keep her going till an ambulance arrived.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

As above, smartarse solving mysteries is what we need.

True but that gets very 1 dimensional when they have no life around them, part of the character is the difficulty existing with the normal real world.
    Personally rather enjoyed it.

DickBarton

Perhaps…but given in real-time they are separating it makes sense that in the made-up world he also kills her off…

IHN

Given, that Mary had been shot in the chest but was still breathing without significant difficulty conscious and had no obvious exit wound , you would think the least combat Dr Watson would do was lay her flat stick his finger in the hole and try and keep her going till an ambulance arrived.

I thought something similar.

oldnpastit

you would think the least combat Dr Watson would do was lay her flat stick his finger in the hole and try and keep her going till an ambulance arrived.

He was distracted by thinking about the woman he met on the bus….

ahwiles
    Free Member

a few good bits, a few clever bits, all wrapped up in a great big stodgy layer of bilge. My ‘watch-again-ometer’ gives it a big fat zero.

hummernunk rumblepatch.

mt
    Free Member

It was a bit to noisy at times, ad to keep turnin it up then down.

Drac

Dr Watson would do was lay her flat stick his finger in the hole and try and keep her going till an ambulance arrived.

😯

IHN

Did they not teach you that one at paramedic school Drac? 😉

Drac

I must have skipped school that day.

mikey3
    Free Member

Nam?

DickBarton

In the intro of it, Mycroft mentions that he isn’t into brotherly misgivings and we know what happened to the last one…what was that referring to?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Sherinford. I reckon third brother, “put me through, yes I’ll wait” so, institutionalised? “We know what happened to the other one”

RustySpanner

Having given up all hope after the last few, I didn’t think it was too bad.
    Lots of geeky references for Holmes nerds, and they managed to get much of the original story in there.

Don’t think the latter part of the Mary storyline worked at all.
    Agree with the Dr Who comparisons, last Sherlock series reminded me of the worst of the Who reboot.

Mackem

Self Indulgent piffle.

Benedictine Slumbersnatch,

neilthewheel

Snozzlebert Snickersbar

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Benzedrine Cucumberpatch

skink2020

Bandersnatch Cumberbund.

MSP

I enjoyed the first series, the second series wasn’t quite as good, third series was dire, can’t be bothered with this one.

Michael Bentine’s Cumbernauld

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well I’ve just watched it, whilst the cimematography was intriguing, set design and scope exquisite, the story was irritatingly bland.

Cumberland SausageBreath.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I like the fact there wasnt a “mega” baddie … just a little old lady

BadgerBollock Coq-au-vin

CaptJon
    Free Member

crankboy – Member

That only works with dikes.

palmer77 – Member
    It was ok, too much focus on Mary IMHO throughout the series she’s been in, and as has been mentioned, not the most convincing casting for the background…

Given the details are key to Sherlock, i was also disappointing with the casting. In the flashback in this episode the way she held a gun was unconvincing (to my very untrained eye).

anonymouse
    Free Member

Watson’s bus-girl = Moriarty’s sister out for revenge. You heard it here first.

redthunder
    Free Member

I turned over and watched Jaws 2 instead…..much better. But then again what could be worse…..Mmmm Sherlock I think.

CountZero

Good grief, it’s only telly.

Exactly.
    I enjoy it for exactly the same reason I enjoy Elementary, and the Jeremy Brett Sherlock, it’s escapist nonsense and requires suspension of disbelief, like any other police procedural, or other drama.

ajantom

Watson’s bus-girl = Moriarty’s sister out for revenge. You heard it here first.

#

Damn you, I was about to post the same. Irish accent, ‘chance’ meeting on bus…..it’s Moriarty’s revenge.

edhornby

The casting of Mary was odd, until you realise that the lady who played Mary is also Martin Freeman’s (Watson) other half . Actor nepotism strikes again

ajantom

On a random note, I got drunk at a festival with Martin Freeman’s brother (whose band had played before us). Nice bloke.

DickBarton

The casting of Mary was odd, until you realise that the lady who played Mary is also Martin Freeman’s (Watson) other half .

Was…not now.

jbproductions
    Free Member

Was…not now.

Indeed. Maybe MF stipulated she got killed off in the first episode to avoid further awkwardness.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So, seconds anyone?

Toby Jones has never failed me yet…..

Onzadog
    Free Member

We’re watching.

allthepies
    Free Member

Hopefully this one won’t have all the identifying a cat’s parentage from a distance of 100m stuff in it.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘Sherlock’ is closed to new replies.