Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • shemagh scarfs – just for douchebags?
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

Been looking for a scarf that’s not a scarf…..I don’t like them, but i need to keep my neck warm. Got a Buff but it feels constricting around my manly neck and i’m not paying 20 quid for a polar buff (i’m tight)

Thing is, have Shemagh Scarf’s been annexed by skinny jean wearing hipsters?

allthepies
    Free Member

<googles them>

Oh, FFS! You’re not Marco Pierre White or Yasser Arafat (deffo not the latter) so just don’t bother.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

douchebags only I’m afraid

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I have a few of those.

Its great for drying pots.

firestarter
    Free Member

If you were issued them and wear them in the correct military environment then they are fine . If not douchebag

sc-xc

To be honest, if you use the word ‘douchebag’…you would probably get away with wearing one.

mieszko
    Free Member

Go to a local TK Maxx, buy a Trekmates Choob, same as polar buff, but costs £6. Result.

john_drummer
    Free Member

how about wearing something with a collar?

brakes
    Free Member

the jafaicans round here call them Taleban scarfs
    I think they look ok on the right person, as a fashion item, but instead of a polar buff? not sure.

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

I like mine. Then again I started wearing them over ten years ago…so maybe I escape the current fasionista status?

bassspine
    Free Member

What is a douchebag any way, some kind of american thing?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

firestarter – Member
    If you were issued them and wear them in the correct military environment then they are fine . If not douchebag

What Mick said..

I’ve still got the one our QM bought us when we where away on a jolly…

Fantastic bit of Kit..

uplink
    Free Member

You want a JML Magic Scarf for sure

http://www.betterware.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?pid=057163&language=en-GB

definitely get one before they run out of stock

addy6402

If you like it wear it! I have been for 20 years or more 🙂

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Why bother when you can wear or buff or two? Had a shemagh years ago – 1990 IIRC, but TBH they’re pants as a UK winter scarf, too bulky around the neck, whereas a buff isn’t and lets you zip your jacket up more to keep the heat in, and they’re easier to pull up over your face when it’s really chilly or you’re in London on student demo days.

kimbers
    Elfinsafety
    Free Member

douchebags only I’m afraid

Do what TJ? Calling me a douchebayg???

I’ve been wearing such scarves for bloody years. My old man used to get me them from Whitechapel and Aldgate. Very popular amongst the local Bangledeshi Asian population.

It’s only recently they’ve become a ‘fashion item’, and therefore unwearable by people who consider themselves above such criminal behaviour (Middle aged blokes on an internet mountain biking forum…).

Wear what you want. Don’t worry about what others think.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘shemagh scarfs – just for douchebags?’ is closed to new replies.