Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sheffield with a cross bike
  • bspoked
    Free Member

I need to nip to Sheffield on Saturday and would usually throw the mtb in the boot for a blast round Greno on the way home.

But being temporarily between fat tyred bikes (and anyway with the trail closures in the woods) I wondered if it was worth bringing my cross bike?

It has got semi slicks on at the moment, so light gravel, hardpack or even tarmac probably best.

I presume there is some good riding out west? Any point going to Parkwood (I’m coming from the north).

Looking for ideas really…

christhetall
    Free Member

Parkwood is fun, but a lap only takes 10 minutes. Great for a lunchtime blast but personally half an hour is enough for me.

There’s plenty of stuff in Wharncliffe but I’ve no idea how it’s running at the moment – has a reputation as a mud fest. I know I’ve only done a small amount of what there is there – it takes some sussing out and there’s always a risk that you’ll end up in a bog or at the top of one of the serious DHs !

On a cross bike there’s plenty of fire roads both there and in Greno – you could even go for a pootle up the TPT

Pieface

Head up to Stanage causeway via Porter Clough, then take in Houndkirk Moor?

Of course any of he main trails should be do-able int he peak, albeit maybe a bit more slowly than normal.

GHill

Head up to Stanage causeway via Porter Clough, then take in Houndkirk Moor?

I was about to suggest the same, all of that usually rides fine with Cyclocross Speed tyres on.

bspoked
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Will take a look at that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sheffield with a cross bike’ is closed to new replies.