Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sheffield o2 academy, good bars nearby??
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Don’t really no Sheffield that well, off to a gig at the o2 academy on Saturday night and was wondering what was around that area? Looking for decent bars to take the mrs in pre and post gig, also maybe even a cheeky watch of the England match in the afternoon if I can swing that one. Thanks in advance.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Is it that bad??

cp

yeah it’s crap….

what do you define as a ‘good bar’? The Academy is very central so near to loads of stuff, and central Sheff is far from huge…

Real ales, naked women, or club etc? What you after? All within striking distance.

docrobster
    Free Member

It’s right opposite tudor square where the theatres are. We often nip into one on the corner opposite the crucible, imaginatively called the crucible corner. Nowt special, but sells beer.
    Or there are a couple of more traditional pubs just along from there.
    You can sit outside and listen for the band to come on before you go in.
    Who are you seeing?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Well if I can wangle it somewhere to watch the footy that’s not full of headers! Then later, probably your more up market traditional piss up youngish crowd bars. Finally got kasabian tickets via a good shafting on flea bay!! Staying in the premier inn on angel street which is pretty near if I’m led to believe??

docrobster
    Free Member

up market= leopold square
    piss up youngish crowd= division street/west street
    Footy? I thought it had all finished??

wrightyson
    Free Member

Unfortunately not for the England fans!! No doubt have to endure another 90 minutes of dross whilst reminiscing about a recent barca performance!!

ourkidsam
    Free Member

The Old Monk is on Tudor Square and has a massive screen for footy. It’s normally busy too if you like a bit of atmosphere during the game.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

There’s not a lot next to the 02 but as has already been said – all of the city centre is within a 10 minute walk.

The Old Mank is indeed a good footy sort of pub and not too rowdy.

Other than that – as everyone above said.

Pleased to be of help 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sheffield o2 academy, good bars nearby??’ is closed to new replies.