Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Sheffield night rides?
  • cp

I know this got discussed before The Crash (TM), but does any one regularly do night rides in Sheffield, either already in a group or wanting to form a casually arranged regularish ride?

AndyPaice
    Free Member

What nights you thinking of? may be up for it. alternatively I’m usually out on a weds night with a few other lads, and you can tag along if you want. only 1 1/2 hr ish and usually dore/ringinglow/hope/ladybower etc areas

sq225917
    Free Member

I’m up for that, any night at all.

It’s been great this week for night rides, especially Monday, that was awesome, Eccy Woods, ringinglow-burbage-stannage and back.

Archaic
    Free Member

I would love to tag along but my lights have just packed in during the last fortnight.

robidoo
    Free Member

Check Gravity Slaves out there is sometimes a night riding thread on there.
    We did Wharncliffe on wed night and some are out again tonight.

cp

i was thinking maybe Tuesday nights, either meeting up at say Hunters Bar roundabout for a trundle out that way from there, or if folk have access/want to share, heading out in the car towards Ladybower, or anywhere really.

any further thoughts? Could make the inaugural ride tomorrow?

AndyPaice
    Free Member

could go for a play on houndkirk / blackamoor and back via Dore. It’ll be wet but fun 🙂

freeform5spot
    Free Member

cp – what is the burn time on your lights?
    only ask as I am planning a 3.5hour loop (Derwent centric) which I have wanted to do for ages but will probably take 3 hours in the light and so a bit long in the dark.
    Thinking of going this time next week if you fancy it.

cp

at the moment, only about 1.5-2 hours. however, a new LED kit is on its way from cutter, so that should theoretically jump to at least 5 hours… i hope! As soon as that is in, that ride sounds grand freeform5spot

AndyPaice, tonight I was thinking of heading up to Porter Clough from Endcliffe park, then over to burbage/houndkirk moor, then down Blacka hill somewhere… any takers?

sq225917
    Free Member

What time?

cp

uhm, whatever time folk can make it! how does 6.30 sound? Or earlier/later?

cp

ok, I need to go home in a few minutes, and not had any definites for tonight. short notice and all hasn’t helped! so….

Will postpone this week, but as from next week (Tuesday 20th January) I’m hopefully going to instigate the first of a regular Tuesday night ride. reminder and more information later in the week/early next week!

freeform5spot
    Free Member

righto

Archaic
    Free Member

Did anything get arranged as my new light arrived now? Would be good to get back out again.

cp

not yet, my light is shagged until I get a chance to sort it – hopefully in the next week, so I might be able to kick off next week with the night rides. Will post here when i’m sorted!!

Pook

I’m up for some night rides next week. Anything other than Tuesday’s is generally good for me

:o)

cp

i can generally do any night. Will really try and show horn the cutter kit into the lumi housing this week then it will be good to go 🙂

Pook

hahaha – you and your posh lights. Alpkit gamma LED and a tesco torch for me old chap!

cp

tesco torch will be tied to the helmet 🙂

not used it just on its own… could be enough?!

Archaic
    Free Member

Mine is just one of the P7’s and a backup light. I would be able to make most nights also so just post here when your set.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Sheffield night rides?’ is closed to new replies.