Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sheffield area next Saturday
  • Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Hello all,

I'm visiting my in-laws next weekend and was hoping to get out on the Saturday for a couple of hours of xc. Any chance I could tag along on someone's ride, please? Their house is in Aston-Cum-Auton (or something like that), if that makes any difference.

Cheers.

rob1984p
    Free Member

When I was up there a few months ago I gatecrashed the Sheffield University club, they meet below the high glass faced building but I can't remember if it's saturdays or sundays, they are a friendly bunch and can show you some good riding, think they have a facebook page but can't check for you as it is blocked here.

thepodge
    Free Member

there might be a few of us out at any point

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Is it possible to ride up that way? I've heard it may have snowed a bit in The North.

nickhart
    Free Member

always possible to ride, just bring your longjohns and a sense of humour!

Pook

Aston-cum-Aughton is Rotherham you cheeky scamp. And unfortunately I'm not about – there are a few Sheffield riders around though. If you need a route i've got some suggestions though

HansRey

i ride with sheff uni. Check out http://www.weridebikes.co.uk . We officially ride on Weds and Sundays, but there's usually a group riding on saturdays too.

If i get my xc bike fixed in time, i'll come out. Post a message up on our forum. And there's a lot of snow, which is superb!

HansRey

oh, and we usually meet up at the arts tower. You can't miss it as it's covered in a great big white plastic hat atm

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Pook – Member
    Aston-cum-Aughton is Rotherham you cheeky scamp

Anything past Bristol and I'm lost. Some routes would be good if you've got them, especially in GPX format.

As for the snow, I'm a little concerned by that, as never ridden in it. It's all bikinis and palm trees down here.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sheffield area next Saturday’ is closed to new replies.