Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sheffied Tour De France stage…..
  • Pook

I took my 9 week old out in the car to calm him tonight. Sheffield’s roads normally do a good job of rocking and jiggling him to sleep, so I thought I’d do a nice 20mile loop up and around Bradfield, and within minutes he was spark out.

Anyway, they’ve resurfaced the section that the TdF will go down, and it’s like a snooker table. Easily the smoothest bit of road in sheffield.

Needless to say, mini pook woke up.

Bloody cyclists.

thepodge
    Free Member

I punctured on the mid repair road the other week

Bloody cyclists +1

Pook

I thought about you actually podge – it’s a decent road loop. From mine, out towards Ladybower, turn right to Strines, all the way out on the langsett road, right to Bradfield, down to lower bradfield, left towards damflask, right up to dungworth, stannington and back.
    There’s a couple of good climbs in that

thepodge
    Free Member

That is not too dissimilar to the loop I already do. I tend to keep off the 57 though as it’s busy and there are much quieter alternatives. I can see the whole area becoming more popular with local cyclists mainly because of the road surface quality

marsdenman
    Free Member

Easily the smoothest bit of road in sheffield.

For now! Dollar get you ten that gas, then electric, then cable then BT will be along shortly to ‘resurface it’ in their own, unique, ways…
    Not together (and certainly not before the road was resurfaced) – that would mean there had been an outbreak of common sense…. 🙂

munrobiker
    Free Member

My van blew up on Wednesday night and has definitely NOT smeared a 150 yard strip of oil down the freshly paved part of the route around Bradfield 😯

jet26
    Free Member

Has the strines road been done or just the section over to bradfield? Last time went over strines surface was far Tom great!

thepodge
    Free Member

I’ll get some of my spills kill stickers out shall I?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Strines still hasn’t been done.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sheffied Tour De France stage…..’ is closed to new replies.