Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • ShedTrackWorld
  • UrbanHiker
    Free Member

So, I’m embarking on buying my 1st shed. Very exciting. Not looking for anything fancy, 6×4.

Anyone have any experience of online retailers?

Harry_the_Spider

I got a 6×4 on line from Waltons (and keep 8 bikes in it!). Cheap and easy enough to put up. After 4 years it is showing no signs of rotting, but we have painted it.

http://www.waltons.co.uk/garden-sheds

jamiea
    Free Member

+1 for Waltons. 8x6ft here and have got a space for 3 bikes, 30 litre brewery, 2 brewing fridges and general man stuff storage.

[img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-9Xq9ArFKh10/UpykBXK4k4I/AAAAAAAAAVY/1uIdQVSQiGo/w800-h667-no/shed2.JPG[/img]

Cheers,
    Jamie

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Quality, just what I was after. Cheers gents.

footflaps

+1 for Waltons. 8x6ft here and have got a space for 3 bikes, 30 litre brewery, 2 brewing fridges and general man stuff storage.

I like that layout. Will be replacing the garden shed at some point this year….

mega
    Free Member

which drawer do you keep the jazz mags in?

jeffl

Not Tiger Sheds. Woeful experience with them; had to chase them for delivery dated which kept slipping. When I finally cancelled the order they wanted to keep 25% as it had already been manufactured.

I had to detail how they were not compliant with their own contract and had to quote distance selling regs. They eventually gave me a refund.

jamiea
    Free Member

I’ve since changed the beer conditioning / serving fridge for a Kegerator:

Updated recently with a chalkboard:

which drawer do you keep the jazz mags in?

I am sufficiently young enough that it’s only ever been digital in that department 😉

Cheers,
    Jamie

mega
    Free Member

aha – I was wondering if that blue cable was going to a router or wifi access point for exactly that reason
    please don’t tell me it’s for something as tedious as beer electricity

how do you make one of those fridges with beer taps please? – I need that in my life

andyl
    Free Member

Been trying to buy a 16x10ft tanalised shed all day but no one can deliver quick enough (most quoting 5 weeks) and their adverts on ebay are misleading on spec for the money as they say pent or apex but then slap on £100 more for apex and then another £100 for a double door instead of a single one.

16×8 would do at a push.

🙁

jamiea
    Free Member

aha – I was wondering if that blue cable was going to a router or wifi access point for exactly that reason

The house wifi just about reaches to the shed 😉

how do you make one of those fridges with beer taps please? – I need that in my life

’tis Pretty easy; grab an old fridge that your boss is throwing out that happens to be just about big enough to fit 4 kegs in, an STC temp controller, a 60W tube heater, 4 Dalex beer taps and roberts yer mothers brother!

Cheers,
    Jamie

samuri
    Free Member

Awesome shed Jamie, that’s quite impressive. My outhouse is huge and it’s not as good as that.

JohnJohn
    Free Member

I’ve just put up a Waltons 10×6 pent for a client. It was mostly ok, but the floor and roof panels felt a bit flimsy; they were 10mm and 8mm OSB respectively, with 28mm x 28mm bearers/joists. If it was mine, I’d double up on both and add an extra sheet of 11mm top and bottom.

jamiea
    Free Member

Awesome shed Jamie, that’s quite impressive. My outhouse is huge and it’s not as good as that.

Cheers Samuri, I’d prefer two different spaces really- a decent, properly secure, bike store and workshop and the shed as a brewery and proper home bar. Our garage is in a block which is a bit of a ballache, an adjoined garage / separate outhouse is second on the list for our next house 😉

I’ve just put up a Waltons 10×6 pent for a client. It was mostly ok, but the floor and roof panels felt a bit flimsy

The roof has been fine, the felt they supplied finally gave way in the strong winds over Crimbo, but after 7 years I didn’t think that was too bad! The floor could do with strengthening thou- and I need to get some lino down, it can get very wet when brewing. But for the price, I don’t think you can go wrong- I priced up building one myself but the cost was way more than I bought one for.

Cheers,
    Jamie

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Or if you want a really big man cave with elec and good lighting really warm and really dry rent a full on office unit lol thats what i ended up doing its perfect has the mega drive set up next to the sofa and has a second sofa thats also a bed for when you cant be arsed to go home from the workshop will get pics up tomorrow. I had to vacate my shed as the roof (green sheet asbestos) was leaking and I didn’t fancy disturbing it lol

engineeringcowboy
    Free Member

and breath

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘ShedTrackWorld’ is closed to new replies.