Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shed break in – Bristol (Brislington)
  • ghislainlambert
    Free Member

After 10 years of living in Bristol and managing to avoid my bike being nicked I was hit last night.

Fortunately they left my nice bikes but took my work bike and an old mtb that I use for ferrying my daughter around on.

The Mountain bike is a bright pink on-one scandal with white brothers carbon forks. It got slicks full mudguards and a rear rack so should be fairly obvious.

The road bike is a black forme plateau. 105 shifters, full black mudguards, white saddle.

They also took some old fox forks (f29).

Most annoyingly my garmin was on the road bike.

If you see/hear anything could people let me know on here please. Hopefully this is an opportunist not a post bikefest targetted thing.

Cheers

Rob

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Hard luck. Might be worth keeping your good bikes in the house for a while. I’m sure their presence was duly noted and you may get a return visit.

hora
    Free Member

Bad luck but keep the good bikes in the house from now on

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Take it from me, living in Bristol means that inside the house isnt necessarily safe either.

Sorry!

hora
    Free Member

Bikebag them in/out and not on the roof of your car?

Returning at 3 in the afternoon parading a lovely Orange etc on the roof screams look to the neighbourhood 🙁

clubber
    Free Member

bad luck op. any idea how you got targeted? where do you normally ride?

khegs
    Free Member

Will keep an eye out

you could also try mailing the details to the Stolen Bikes Bristol blog

supersaiyan
    Free Member

My shed’s padlock got bolt cropped the other week by opportunists (I hope). They didn’t manage to get in but it was a wake-up call. I used to think we were a bit safer South of the river but apparently not. A PCSO dropped round a shed alarm after I reported it so worth asking for one too.

ghislainlambert
    Free Member

Sorry for delayed response and thanks for the best wishes, been driving around the neighbourhood to see if I can see anything.

Just spoken to a neighbour who has cctv in their garden. They saw someone at 3 this morning in their garden. This suggests it’s an opportunist doing a circuit of the streets gardens.

Has to be said the police have been excellent so far.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shed break in – Bristol (Brislington)’ is closed to new replies.