Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Shed Break-in!
  • psycorp
    Free Member

A word of caution for anyone in the North Worcestershire area, I had my shed broken into last night so there is a least one bike thief active in the area at the moment.

On a positive note the security precautions in the shed did their job and the tea leaf left empty handed, so it is possible to thwart an at least semi-determined thief. They took the time to actually remove rather than rip out all 9 screws from the hinges, which I’m grateful for, so don’t forget security screws/bolts on your own sheds when considering security.

I won’t get the ruined night sleep back but I still have my bikes.

Bregante

Stating the obvious but you really need to get them out of that shed now because they will be back.

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

As above, they will come back with the right tools.

treklee
    Free Member

Mine are all in the loft at the moment, as lots of ‘activity’ near me at the moment, just not worth the risk

cakefacesmallblock

I can’t be all that far from the OP. Lots of vehicle , shed and house thefts going on round here in a recent spate.
    I’m in a town, but this bloody half the street lights off at night can’t be helping.
    Missus and I parted company a while back, so at least I’ve been able to get some kit and bikes into a spare bedroom.
    Beefed up the security on the garage o er the last couple of months too and am very cautious when returning home on a bike, or moving bikes from van to house / garage, checking for watching oddballs in the street or cars first.
    Don’t leave bikes in the shed, they are likely to be back , as has been said.

carlosg
    Free Member

Same as treklee here, when not in use our best bikes reside in the loft and the shed is left to the also rans. Having said that my shed resembles the metal skip at the local recycling centre at the moment and any thief trying to rob it would probably sue me for injuries received.

As mentioned above OP move the bikes from the shed for a month or so the scum will be back.

psycorp
    Free Member

Shed is empty of anything valuable and it’s all in the house. I moved it all inside at 3:00 this morning.

Currently researching security fixings to prevent hinge removal in the future, although all being told it was the alarms that did the trick.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I was just about to ask for people’s advice regarding this.

I don’t have much space and wondered what people’s outside the box ideas are for keeping bikes inside the house.

I’m thinking wheels off and frame hung to the wall in the porch.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

High wall mount. Bars and saddle an inch below the ceiling. Wall side pedal up, lowest part of tyres flush against the wall.

You end up up with the bike in a leaning position, occupying and minimal sapce as possible.

Either that, out a pulley hoist in your stair well if you have a high ceiling.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Don’t you love polite burglars?

Put a hungry lion in there next time.

Get the bikes insured.

woody2000

Lots of vehicle , shed and house thefts going on round here in a recent spate.

It’s everywhere – I reckon the scrotes have simply cottoned on to the fact that there’s about a 1% chance they’ll get caught, and if they do get caught with the stolen stuff after the event they can simply say “I bought it from my mate down the pub” and the police can’t really do anything about it.

It’s in every walk of life – people can choose to drive at whatever speed they like, let their dog sh*t wherever, fly tip etc etc – they’re just not going to get caught realistically. It’s only the fact the most people are in fact perfectly decent human beings that it’s not utter anarchy 🙂

votchy
    Free Member

Worcestershire here too so thanks for the heads up, have been gradually increasing garage security recently so may need to up the game a bit although only one way in and an extra car on the drive means the door is fairly inaccessible which must help act as a deterrent.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Shed Break-in!’ is closed to new replies.