Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Shed and CalorGas Fire
  • rocky-mountain
    Free Member

My shed/studio/bike shop is now complete with a calor gas fire. It 10×16 feet.

Its fully insulated with celotex/plywalls/double glazing and now is super warm.
    I have managed with no vents and no mould whatsoever, its raised on concrete blocks and is dry as dry can be

However now with calor i need vents and a way of letting the exhaust out.

Any thoughts, advice.

Cheers

footflaps

Use a different form of heating?

Or install a heat exchanging extractor fan (moist warm air out exchanges its heat with incoming cold dry air), so as to save as much energy as possible.

Murray

Gas + oxygen = CO2 + H2O vapour (or CO rather than CO2 if there’s not enough ventilation)
    If it’s well insulated and you have electricity to it, run a fan heater for 10 minutes.

wiggles
    Free Member

+1 electric heater will be better rather than cutting holes and/or killing yourself with fire/CO poisoning

takisawa2

Burning a kg of Calor Gas produces almost a gallon of water vapour…
    (Or something like that).

If I’m in the garage in Winter I use one of them cheap halogen heaters, but given your cosy nest I’d add to the fan heater vote. We’ve camped in a large family tent in October, & 1kw from a fan heater keeps a large tent warm & dry, so you should be fine.

redstripe
    Free Member

ditto, we tried a calor one for a (very) short while in our cabin but the smell and condensation was toomuch, electric convector heater now, much better

cxthompson
    Free Member

If it’s well insulated wear a jumper for a bit and it’ll soon warm up. Mine certainly does, although in the depths of winter I’ve got a little camping gas heater, 5mins=toasty. Electric fan heaters are probably the best but with my electricity supply to the workshop being 20amps I’d be worried with all the other stuff on at the same time..

stuarty
    Free Member

wont matter run the heater for a hour or two with you in there ………youll have a very long sleep ..pass him the daisies..

thestabiliser
    Free Member

It’s like the start of Casualty.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Woodburner from machinemart and some singleskin pipe through the roof.
    Sorted. 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Shed and CalorGas Fire’ is closed to new replies.