Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • SHARP PAIN IN HEEL
  • project
    Free Member

Well ive got a sharp pain localised in left heel, when i puit weight on it it really aches, but after walking or massageing it a bit , the pain goes, it seem worse when ive been sitting or lying down for a while,but a bit of massage or walking and it seems to go, the pain is like someone sticking a knife into the base of the heel, on looking theres nothing there visible, like a splinter etc.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Oh dear 🙁

You really haven’t had much luck recently 😕

coffeeking
    Free Member

Bone spur?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tendon tear/ strain, ligament tear / strain, bone spur, plantar fasciitis, etc etc.

GP time

Lactic
    Free Member

With all the usual caveats about internet diagnosis, you’ve probably got Plantar Fasciitis. Classically worse in the morning and after resting but improves with exercise. It’s caused by over pronation of your foot causing tension on the strip of connective tissue running along the sole and attaching to your heel bone. It usually responds well to wearing arch supports in your shoes for a few months, and it’s worth treating or you may develop a bony spur on your heel, as per coffeeking’s lovely xray.
    Have you bought new shoes or taken up running etc recently?

project
    Free Member

It doesnt feel as if somethings there as in broken, just painful and the pain goes in a few minutes, after walking on it, then comes back as soon as i stop for a while, also got it when cycling.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

rest, ibuprofen, stretching (in a few weeks after some rest) and insoles, gaurenteed thats what he/she will perscribe.

MrNutt
    Free Member

bad back?

thomthumb
    Free Member

give up the stilettos there no good for you! 😉

Fabdad
    Free Member

Had same thing myself, put up with it for months before going to local foot clinic.They recomended some insoles,£60!!,for my work shoes and trainers and within a few days no pain!!Expensive but worth it!Seen something similar on E-bay

scraprider
    Free Member

sounds similer to my ankles , be to hosp had steroid inj , its water / fuild just below the acilies tendon mighty painful at times cant rember what its called , am waiting for pysio , ( seems to hurt more when sitting around then getting up feel the pain ) of cours it may not be this,but you should go see your doc mate.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘SHARP PAIN IN HEEL’ is closed to new replies.