Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Shannara !!
  • kimbers

Would rather have seen a Magician/ Riftwar series

But this will do I suppose
    [video]https://youtu.be/crjkQHnDYu0[/video]

(soz wrong forum)

trusty

Looks good, haven’t read those for a while. A lot of source material to pick from now, isn’t it up to about 15 books of different series?

kimbers

Starting now on 5star

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

It’s rather different from the books and it’s certainly not my Shannara, but it’s OK.

raincloud
    Free Member

Have seen the first 9 episodes.

I have read all the Shannara books (38 of them!) and after watching that trailer was pretty excited.

HOWEVER it is disjointed, parts have simply been made to fit and is basically Twilight but with different characters. Not sure why I have carried on with it.

Give it a go but I fear you may be disappointed.

Agree about the Magician being preferable as a series.

Northwind

If they’re going to make versions of fantasy stuff I loved as a spotty teen, where are the dragon riders? Everyone else can join the queue.

colp

They need to foff with the loud dramatic music all of the time, cant hear a bloody word. At least the Aussie bloke from Arrow is in it.

nairnster
    Free Member

That was a sexy back in that dress.

jointhedotz
    Free Member

I seem to have stopped watching after about 5 episodes, was alright, decent visuals etc but nothing spectacular.

Also agree on the idea of magician as a series, that would be awesome. Or possibly the gap series…

barney
    Free Member

Thomas Covenant…

eskay

I have never heard of this series of books but I think my son may enjoy reading them.

I have had a quick look and Wikipedia lists them in chronolical order of events (not publish dates). It also says there was an original trilogy.

Can anyone recommend what book would be the best to start with? The original first book in the trilogy or the first in chronological order of the story?

wolfenstein
    Free Member

me likey

fasthaggis

As raincloud said,

parts have simply been made to fit and is basically Twilight but with different characters

and actors that fancy themselves more than they can act.
    Shame ,I thought it was going to be good.

lovewookie

watched episodes 1 and 2 the other day, interested to see where it’s going as it’s better than the other crap my daughter watches.

portlyone

Watched a few of the episodes now, looks good but don’t think it has enough to pull through.

Would rather have seen a Magician/ Riftwar series

I couldn’t handle it being done badly, as most of these fantasy type books tend to be done.

Danny79
    Free Member

I’ve enjoyed it but it does feel a bit elves do hollyoaks at times.

Another new series worth checking out that’s grittier but is science fiction rather than fantasy is the Expanse.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQuTAPWJxNo[/video]

eskay

Can anyone recommend what order to read the books (see my post above) please?

raincloud
    Free Member

@eskay

Reading Orders

Been watching The Expanse as well. Pretty good.

eskay

@raincloud – spot on, thanks!!

Garry_Lager

eskay – Member

Can anyone recommend what order to read the books (see my post above) please? Not sure they’re readable nowadays, eskay. I did love them as a kid, but that was beards ago when there weren’t too many massive, formulaic fantasy sagas out there. The genre has now been mined out the bazoo, so I suspect something that was creatively limited in the first place would look very dated and boring.

Could be wrong – not read him for 25 years and they were very popular, which usually points to the author doing something right with the story.

colournoise

barney – Moderator
    Thomas Covenant…

Would LOVE to see these done as films or long form TV, but fear it could never do the visceral feeling of the books justice. Would need someone like Del Toro or Inarritu directing to make it both real and fantastic at the same time.

Northwind

Danny79 – Member

Another new series worth checking out that’s grittier but is science fiction rather than fantasy is the Expanse.

Ooh, that looks interesting. Um, can you just pretend I’m a total idiot for a moment, and explain how I can watch it? Syfy blocks it in this region, I can’t find an r2 dvd release, and I’ve never got with streaming… Can I get it on coloured vinyl, or something?

kimbers

Just torrent it?

Google pirate proxy and get going

Northwind

You wouldn’t steal a baby
    You wouldn’t shoot a policeman then steal his helmet
    You wouldn’t go to the toilet in his helmet, and then send it to his grieving widow
    And then steal it again
    DOWNLOADING FILMS IS STEALING

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Shannara !!’ is closed to new replies.