Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shand Bahookie
  • NZCol

Need a new winterised hardtail, fed up destroying my fs bike in the clag and would like another HT.
    Given they are a few miles away, Shanda Bahookie looks just the ticket. Rigid, steel, 29er

fifeandy
    Free Member

Lovely bike for sure, but for my idea of a winterised hardtail, the full bike costs half what a Bahookie frame costs.

Yak

Looks great. Belt-driven rigid singlespeed option with a square taper crank for the ultimate winter bike.

molgrips
    Free Member

My mate’s got one, very similar to my Salsa El Mariachi.

NZCol

Niner SIR9 was also on the list

MSP

I would go for a SC chameleon, in 650b+ guise and single speeded. Would be a great winter hooligan bike IMO.

Gotama
    Free Member

SC chameleon, in 650b+ guise and single speeded

I have exactly that but it’s a bit different in intent to what the OP is looking for! Great fun though.

Always used to enjoy riding my Singular Swift as another option although that appears to be a brand on the way out these days. The Shand will be lovely though and if you can afford a custom frame, then why not. I would certainly have the Shand over the Niner given the little cost difference.

mickmcd
    Free Member

isn’t there a titanium one imminent?

NZCol

A Ti Shand ? That would be nice. This is a replacement for my (admittedly too small) Serotta which my wife has stolen !

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shand Bahookie’ is closed to new replies.