Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • shameless Halfords Q….
  • alpin
    Free Member

i’m making my way over to the Uk in Feb for a week and am thinking of picking up another Boardman FS for the GF (her “other” one got half-inched a few months back).

shameless, i know, but does anyone know of any voucher code or can get a staff discount? i seem to remeber there was a guy letting STWers abuse his staff discount. tried a search, but can’t remember if that was for TX Maxx or Halfords….

cheers in advance!

Liftman

It was TKMaxx

GrahamS

If you join British Cycling you can get 10% off Halfrauds.
    http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/membership/article/halfords-discounts

If you do a bit of googling you can get money off British Cycling membership too

Jamie
    Free Member

Halfrauds

*chortle*

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Someone gave a code out this week. Disc10 or something. Search

IanW
    Free Member

Have to say the unrelenting critism of Halfords is becoming a bit boring. Great bikes, plenty of stock and fantastic prices. So they employ a few young people who behave like, well young people, but otherwise probably my favourite LBS.

Boardman is arguably
    the best UK bike brand and you don’t even need a A4 to own one.

alpin
    Free Member

nice tip re. British Cycling, but i’m residing in Germany….

agree with above…. Halfords are ok if you know what you are doing and the Boardman range cannot be beaten on spec for the price. i’m not relying on them for servicing or expect that the bike they build is going to be A1. i’ll put the bike together myself (just like last time).

the guys i dealt with last time were friendly enough and did a great deal to secure me the bike i wanted before my flight.

neilm
    Free Member

I am another who does not know why Halfords take such a beating round here.

At least they employ young people, that’s more than a lot of companies will do

fury12
    Free Member

Hope its not the fs pro you are after as they seem to have discontinued them. Was considering one myself but too late now it seems.

GrahamS

I am another who does not know why Halfords take such a beating round here.

They sell £1000+ bikes – but refuse to let you test ride them, even just round the car park. (And now they sell Pinarello too)

Plus they don’t assemble them properly resulting in the BB failing after 15 odd miles.

So basically: “Halfords are ok if you know what you are doing and the Boardman range cannot be beaten on spec for the price. i’m not relying on them for servicing or expect that the bike they build is going to be A1”

Vinnyc
    Free Member

HALDISC10 was the code for 10% off

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘shameless Halfords Q….’ is closed to new replies.