Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Shame about Chris Akrigg…
  • rewski
    Free Member

inspirational rider, let’s hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Chris Akrigg Broken!

oldgit
    Free Member

The crazy fool, lets hope he gets better soon….I love his vids.

Thank God there’s no one to blame for this accident 😐

si-wilson
    Free Member

Thankfully Chris was wearing a helmet and his spine was left untouched or things could have been even worse than they already are

TJ, you reading this 🙂

Get well soon Chris.

oldgit
    Free Member

Actually the missus has just been shopping, so I’m sure we’ll have buscuits. So I’ll just make some coffee and sit back and see what tangent the thread goes off on.
    I mean why oh why did you have to mention his name?

wallace1492
    Free Member

Thankfully Chris was wearing a helmet and his spine was left untouched or things could have been even worse than they already are

TJ, you reading this

Get well soon Chris.

Don’t get this…. the guy is doing an extremely dangerous manouvre, of course he is wearing a helmet. H&S would have insisted, as would his management and sponsors. Perhaps he should have had more protective gear on.

I am guessing that TJ exercises his choice not to wear a lid.

I always wear one when on MTB, but not always when on road bike. Personal choice… end of.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Chris was wearing a helmet

A decision that therefore absolutely definitely saved his life.

Oh yes it did.
    All helmets save anybodies life who wears one.
    I wore one earlier today & I’m not dead.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Don’t get this…. the guy is doing an extremely dangerous manouvre, of course he is wearing a helmet. H&S would have insisted

Yeah right. (snell approved flat cap obviously) H&S has nothing to do with what he does (thank f..). It’s just him and occasionally a mate to hold the camera. He’s only started obviously wearing a helmet since he’s got sponsored by Urge.

wallace1492
    Free Member

Click Here[url=http://www.hi-star.co.uk/Helmets/skulgarde%20b%20010210.jpg]here[/url]null[quote]
    Don’t get this…. the guy is doing an extremely dangerous manouvre, of course he is wearing a helmet. H&S would have insisted

Yeah right. H&S has nothing to do with what he does. It’s just him and occasionally a mate to hold the camera. He’s only started obviously wearing a helmet since he’s got sponsored by Urge.
    [/quote]

Flatcap helmet in the pic….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

wallace1492

I am guessing that TJ exercises his choice not to wear a lid.

Indeed – when pootling about. When going radcore or radge I wear one

rewski
    Free Member

Can we please not have the helmet debate again. Let’s just wish the guy well.

wallace1492
    Free Member

Do you guys debate on helmet wearing? Wow….. I am new round here…

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

+1

Get well soon Mr Akrigg. Look forward to plenty more mental videos in the not too distant future.

molgrips
    Free Member

We don’t debate, everyone else talks sense and TJ spouts rubbish and treats with utter disdain and contempt anyone who refuses to conform to his way of thinking, then ignores them.

nacho
    Free Member

+2
    A great entertainer

wallace1492
    Free Member

Wear one, don’t wear one…. it’s your call.

Each to their own. I can never work out why people get so worked up about it. More people die each DAY from cigarette smoking than would be saved by wearing a helmet.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

We don’t debate, everyone else talks sense and TJ spouts rubbish and treats with utter disdain and contempt anyone who refuses to conform to his way of thinking, then ignores them.

Oh the irony.

Thats correct you do not debate – you don’t talk sense – you castigate anyone whose opinion you disagree with without any evidence or facts to back up your “commonsense” view and have a closed mind.

Really – the irony in your statement is unbelieveable. Youa re far worse than I am for treating people with contempt and disdain as this post from you shows.

titusrider
    Free Member

ffs – can we not manage a nice get well soon thread without decending into helmet wearing debate (for the millionth time) its really not on.
    makes a man want to flounce

GW
    Free Member

molgrips – you really are a complete idiot!

healing vibes to Chris, sure he’ll bounce back quickly 😉

HermanShake
    Free Member

He’s a wizard on wheels. I’m sure he’ll be ripping again in no time.

st

R, top rider. Is there any footage or pictures of the cliff? Don’t want to see the crash but it’s be good to see what he was trying to achieve.

wallace1492
    Free Member

Commisserations to Chris. Bet he was well insured…..

molgrips
    Free Member

molgrips – you really are a complete idiot!

I am?

GW
    Free Member

Yes.

molgrips
    Free Member

What makes you say that?

GW
    Free Member

because you constantly remind us all. 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Ok so I only had a pop at TJ cos he really p*ssed me off again the other day by ignoring me just cos I didn’t agree with him – I hadn’t even had a row or anything. Very poor show that.

But yes, it’s a shame when people get busted up although I suppose it goes with the territory to an extent. I wonder what it feels like to break your leg in four places? 😯

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

st – Member
    R, top rider. Is there any footage or pictures of the cliff? Don’t want to see the crash but it’s be good to see what he was trying to achieve.

Healing Vibes
    Possibly something on Shipley Glen, again. He’s often up there. In one of his older videos he does a 4-5 metre drop off a crag on the glen onto what looks to me as a horrible landing amongst the trees and bracken. There’s lots of crags around here tho. I can’t find the vid anymore.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

on another note, just heard my uncle was the pilot that picked him up (yorkshire air ambulance crew). He also picked up richard hammond from the rocket car crash (hamster hosted helicopter heroes as a thankyou to the service as they are funded by charitable donations).

fingers crossed for a full and rapid recovery.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Shame about Chris Akrigg…’ is closed to new replies.