Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Shall we start again?
  • ro
    Free Member

As the ban hasn't arrived yet, I'll be nice and you be nice.

Now, would anyone care for cake?

yunki
    Free Member

what a spectacular entrance..

sofatester
    Free Member

Banned for serving cake?

nickc

ro everyone deserves a second chance, by about 3rd or 4th chance you've probably run out of luck though. Personally I suspect your ability to "play nicely with other children" won't see out this thread.

ro
    Free Member

yes, i thought it rather memorable, but fun, no?

no hard feelings i trust?

now, if anyone would SERIOUSLY like to donate kit, i'd be delighted to assist. after all, you know what i look like and i'm sure one of you would pummel me to death were i to affix your bits to my kona.

ro
    Free Member

nickc, i'll take that bet 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

a ban is a mark (ooops) badge of honour :o)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Shall we start again?(

How about just not bothering?

ro
    Free Member

fine, cynic-al, sulk if you wish.

see ya.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Just go away, or are you having trouble taking the hint! 🙄

ro
    Free Member

simon, you say the sweetest things. so you're donating bars and stem, right?

ro
    Free Member

here's a plan:

all those who hate me / didn't get the joke / just can't be arsed, skip ANY thread started by 'ro'.

simple.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

simon, you say the sweetest things. so you're donating bars and stem, right?

by the time I have finished with a component it's a safety hazard 🙁

all those who hate me / didn't get the joke / just can't be arsed, skip ANY thread started by 'ro'.

actually, I don't know what this is about, but then I'm slightly Aspergers with names, particulary anonymous pseudonyms, and can only remember one other conversation…

ro
    Free Member

so buy some and donate them. be pro-active.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

[quoteskip ANY thread started by 'ro'.

simple.[/quote]

Now where's the fun in that!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Crikey, its like theres a car, rolling down a hillside, in flames, and every time it rolls over an oseritch bounces out and explodes………….

We've been here so many times………

JEngledow
    Free Member

So what is Ro short for then?

ro
    Free Member

Now where's the fun in that!

precisely. does that mean you'd like cake too?

ro
    Free Member

donate something substantial and i'll tell you.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Talkemada, I assume…

ro
    Free Member

Crikey, its like theres a car, rolling down a hillside, in flames, and every time it rolls over an oseritch bounces out and explodes………….

that was genuinely funny 🙂 where have you been all this time?

ro
    Free Member

i wish i'd known that chap, talk-thingy. we only crossed paths once. was he any good?

JEngledow
    Free Member

was he any good?

No and neither are you. As I don't trust you I'll just presume Ro's short for Rose!

Mattie_H
    Free Member

@ ro

\

There was a joke?

ro
    Free Member

rose will do fine 🙂

i have to go to bed. as you now know, i need my beauty sleep.

please surprise me tomorrow morning with a nice list of things you'd like to give away. or maybe just cake. yes, cake would be good.

10/10 for your tolerance, mr chipps 🙂

crikey
    Free Member

Is it cos he's only got little… Oh sorry..

ro
    Free Member

There was a joke?

well i was laughing. weren't you?

Big-Dave
    Free Member

Ro, I don't know you but…are you on strong medication or something?

giantonagiant

Ro, I thought you'd gone to bed.

Put the shovel down.

Good night.

Mattie_H
    Free Member

Not so much

ro
    Free Member

crikey, big dave:

tsk, tsk. no cake for the naughty boys in the class. back to your seats, both of you!

ro
    Free Member

i'm… addicted… to… the… internet…

crikey
    Free Member

Are you a real qualified medical doctor, or do you use the title doctor after doing a PHd?

JEngledow
    Free Member

Ro, just go to bed so we can talk about you and not to you 🙄

Woo hoo, Home time 🙂

ken_shields
    Free Member

Ro is short for Roscoe P Coltrane (and about as smart)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I always support the underdog by principle, so I'm willing to make a donation, however, buying things to be shipped by hand to V, which in most cases would mean they had travelled right round the world seems monstrously inefficient, are there no bike shops there ? If not, is the cycling effort to be sustained indefinitely by hand carriage ?

soobalias
    Free Member

you didnt tell me what time you are picking the wheel up

ro
    Free Member

now, after all last night's excitement, where were we?

in the cold light of day i'd have to agree that my original idea ia a Bad Idea. frankly, i wouldn't send bits of kit to a complete stranger to take to a land i'll never see for people i'll never meet, so why should i expect you to? it just seemed a fine idea at the time it entered my head. but i guess it's kinda impractical.

someone suggested buying kit in laos. there are two good bike shops in vientiane, but i think that's wrong too. if you want to give money to the people of laos, there are better ways. the original idea was to give outdated kit to people who could still wring some life out of it, not start another bloody charity. nice concept, poor implementation. let's leave it be.

that ends this thread. i think i've won our bet, nickc 🙂

nickc

Yes you did. Nice one

ken_shields
    Free Member

Ro

You just don't get it do you.

The problem people have on here is not with your idea regardless of the impracticality of it all. People on here are very generous. There is a constant stream of freebies being shipped amongst the folk on here and there has been a large number of bike builds coordinated on here for folk who have had bikes pinched or are trying to get a bike together for a worthwhile cause. The problem lies totally with you.

As I said yesterday you come on to the forum and generally p!ss people off with your holier than thou attitude and general abuse that you've heaped on people and then get the 4rse when people tell you to get bent.

As a marketing professional (I use the words professional and marketing in the loosest possible sense) you should be very aware of the fact that it's not the message but how it's delivered that counts. Unfortunately for you your delivery was way off the mark, although looking at what you've written, how you've behaved and your general attitude I don't think you'd be able to do it any differently.

If you are what being a "Professional Marketeer" is all about then thank god I've got a proper job and my contact with folk like you is reduced to an absolute minimum. Although if you were any good you'd be working for an agency in London and earning mega bucks. Maybe you're going for the "tallest pygmy in the room" thing as a Communications & New Media Director in Vietnam.

I wish you no malice and all the best with helping the kids of Laos with attaining their cycling dreams but I think you're never going to recover the situation you've got yourself into on here.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Shall we start again?’ is closed to new replies.