Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Shall we have a weekend riding plan thread ?
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Ok, I’ll start.

Back home in sunny Hampshire this weekend and will fit a larger rear cassette to the Cx’er and then thrash it’s Griffo’s off on Saturday. Sunday I’m leading a ride around the South Downs over my way on the Roadie. I have 16 folks coming down from Town where they will play “follow my leader” and it being the Longest Day we will hack 100 miles up and over the bumps. I bought some new shades just for the event…

\m/

😀

Et’ vous?

sandwicheater

Quick blast in Hebden Bridge area tonight. Sadly work, friends, childrens birthdays and needing a new drive train scupper all other riding plans.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Not sure whether to go for a local spin now (North Leeds) or leave it and go early in the morning.

Sunday I’ll head over to Bingley to do the usual loop.

Getting a little excited about next weeks riding plans though.
    Wednesday Torridon lollipop. Thursday Ben Damph. Friday Devil’s Staircase/Ciaran Path.

lunge

Saturday afternoon will be 50 or 60 miles on the road hopefully, out towards Worcester I think. Sunday morning I will try and sneak a couple of hours of “gnarmac” along tow-paths and gravel roads.

carlos
    Free Member

Tomorrows plan is to set off from Hayfield and head over Jacobs at some point, get in some cheeky 😉 head back, Middle Moor, Lantern Pike and maybe one or two other bits.

Weather isn’t looking great first thing, but Hey Ho

jam-bo

Dartmoor classic on Sunday.

sas78

10 under the Ben… Without a lot of training!

Can’t wait for the burn!

jekkyl

I’ve been a big fat glutton for cycling recently what with the warm weather and light evenings. 3/4 rides a week at the mo and loving it. Was up Cannock chase last night and I’m hoping for a big local ride at crack of dawn tomorrow morning, that will be rural lanes and bridleways.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Well mtb is going in to the hospital tomorrow for new headset and wheels to be re-trued but just got my new road bike finished so may try and get out on that if I can get some time to myself this weekend.

Haze

Easy spin on the road bike tomorrow, road race on Sunday 🙂

aleonardwilliams
    Free Member

Dartmoor classic on Sunday.

snap!
    looking cooler than last year, and dryer than the year before… marvellous. just wish I’d ridden my roady a bit more than I have done :o(

jam-bo

Right on cue, Devon COunty council have started gritting large parts of the route.

I’m looking forward to an easy day, riding with my mrs who is doing for the first time so a nice steady pace. I think my role is packhorse though.

monksie
    Free Member

Marple to Ladybower via Robin Hood’s Picking Rods, Jacobs Ladder and Hagg Farm and return via Rushup Edge and South Head tomorrow.
    Road ride out around Jodrell Bank on Sunday.

aP
    Free Member

4 or 5 hours out from Swanage tomorrow starting late morning starting from Charlie the Bikemonger’s shop, maybe a pint at the Square and Compass. Fishnchips at The Fish Plaice, then a couple of pints at The Red Lion.

ferrals
    Free Member

Week and a bits holiday started today so done a couple of hours local already 🙂

Unlikely to be riding tomorrow but definately back out on Sunday, no idea where yet though! Then a couple of trail centre trips in the week

MoreCashThanDash

Not had time to ride all week, and not getting any better for the weekend. Family day tomorrow, marshalling for the L’Eroica rides on Sunday, so shout out if you are on the long or medium routes at High Peak Junction!

Actually, might ride up to the marshalling point rather than drive…..

scandal42
    Free Member

Last ever ride on my 456c in the peaks tomorrow 🙁 going to miss it but giving fs a shot.

Commencing the new build on Sunday, so be prepared for some utterly pathetic questions on here.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

A skills course for me tomorrow, so hopefully I’ll know what I’m doing on a bike after that. Probably go to Guisborough on Sunday.

badnewz
    Free Member

Local loop on Sunday, East Hertfordshire.

fathomer

Looking likely I’ll be riding in the Peaks with Scandal up there ^^ tomorrow and a 40ish miler on the road Sunday morning.

Plus starting the wife’s new build at some point as well.

Northwind

I have a new bike to shake down so hopefully get it riding tonight, something pretty simple to acclimatise tomorrow, glentress red and offpiste probably, then up the golfy in the rain to give it a proper go. Separated out by outbreaks of Mogwai at the Barrowlands so I might also be a bit deaf come sunday

Drac

Nights all weekend, just fired my phone up as I’m getting ready to get an email to say I’m it in a huge patch. No pressure then. 😀

jolmes
    Free Member

Newbridge and Dalby Today
    Llandegla Saturday
    Coed Y Brenin Sunday
    Antur Stiniog or Penmachno Monday
    Possibly back to Llandegla on Tuesday on the way home

hilldodger
    Free Member

200km charity road ride based on the 3 cathedrals route: Guildford – Winchester- Salisbury the wiggly way, think it might hurt a bit 😮

senorj

I’ve gravel core beasted myself today in lovely Herts&found some new bits.hurrah.
    Currently sat in pub with chicken and chips, pudding to follow .
    I have to work this weekend and do some diy,so will make do with a quick blast to Epping. & Trent park probably.

Kunstler

So begins a period of 10 days off and a solstice bikepacking adventure.

Train from Edinburgh to Fort William first thing tomorrow then ride the Great Glen Way. Sunday C2C Bonar Bridge to Ullapool. Then…. I don’t know. Maybe ferry to Stornoway and ride down to Harris, Lochmaddy to Skye train back from Mallaig. Maybe head down to Torridon. Will see what the weather does.

thegreatape
    Free Member

10 Under the Ben for me too.

10 hours to complete a 10 mile loop – I think it’s doable.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Can’t decide between opening weekend at Les Arcs and opening weekend at Pila. Muhahaha!

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Did a fifty mile seg hunting sesh on the roads around the Trough of Bowland today (sad I know 😆 😳 ) Off up to the lakes tomorrow on the mtb taking in Walna Scar and the surrounding area. Sunday will involve recovering from a hangover I’d imagine 😳

colournoise

Not much planned this weekend – got the in-laws visiting and already got four rides in this week.

Might squeeze a cheeky local one in tomorrow (while they’re all out shopping) though to check out some long-abandoned mini north shore that someone found nearby.

bikebouy
    Free Member

30t cassette just fitted..

Hasta la vista baby… 😆

matt_outandabout

School summer picnic, massive packing fest, service bikes and fix a couple of bits on canoes….maybe a local Dumyat pootle.

And then head to France, summer hols are *nearly* here…

IHN

The Cotswolds, somewhere, either by road or MTB, on Sunday

dpfr

Goyt Valley from home this afternoon

core

Struggling to find the enthusiasm, did 42 miles on the scandal Tuesday, 3/4 ish on road, not so keen to ride since, don’t know why, feel good & fit.

Trail centres and similar aren’t really interesting me, want to do some exploring, decent natural stuff.

Long mynd maybe…..

bontyboy39

I too shoulda be 10 undering, but an unfortunate incident with a very sharp and very pointy/stabby chef knife led to me withdrawing my entry, absolutely gutted, ace event, cracker of a course.
    Lesson learned dry the **** knives and put them away, before they fall from a great height onto and into my **** foot, although I have also learned that gaffa tape makes a great improvised butterfly suture

mikewsmith
    Free Member

couple more weeks of riding in the living room I reckon

monksie
    Free Member

A big plan, a little movement. Taking the dog to the vets. I’m getting hammered by text for not turning up. Sorry chaps. Enjoy the wet Peak District.

Tracey

First part of our plan done, we were up onto Cutgate from the Langsett side and back down North America this morning. Got an eighteenth birthday party tonight and will be riding in Wharncliffe tomorrow morning and messing on the Greno trails after as our Fathers day ride. Might finish off with the Pub run DH

timidwheeler

On route to Les Gets.
    😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Shall we have a weekend riding plan thread ?’ is closed to new replies.